1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Only because of all this pointless bureaucracy involved in the process - we should just be able to leave whether they want it or not and then if they want to trade with us, they get off their backsides and ask us to trade afterwards. Europe needs a trade deal with us as much as we need one with them, if not more, so it is in their best interest to let us go first and then talk about trade afterwards.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I agree, all the European farmers that sell to the UK all the car manufacturers that sell to the UK.

I know there will be panic and maybe increased taxes and duties but this should have all been sorted and not left to the last minute, I don’t have any confidence in any political party at the moment they all say the right things to get elected then backtrack.

3. Burwinkelito
    Saurus

Burwinkelito Active Member

[​IMG]

4. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Games Workshop are brining out a new boxset called Carrion Empire, Flesh Eater Courts vs Skaven. The name made me think of my own Rourvuk Carrion, which reminds me that I will be needing to get back to writing for.

Also more Genestealer Cults.
    The Squig Hoppers are in boxes of 10 not 5

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, a quick google search shows that about half of the exports and imports of the UK are with the rest of the EU. And although it'l definitly hurt the EU significantly to not have a deal, it seems unlikely that the EU will be affected to nearly the same degree…

Beyond that, neither side seems to have gone into this well. The EU should've had a plan in place for replacement treaties should a member state leave. And the UK should've realized that leaving would trigger serious backlash & put them in a relativly weak position and that trying to negotiate as if they're doing the EU a favor by being so gracious as to negotiate would be… well stupid…

6. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

It certainly didn't help that Brexit was made possible in part because the previous government made the mistake of thinking that the referendum would be treated as a joke by its citizens.

Neither here nor there however, it's probably best that we don't distract ourselves with the politics and focus more on the hobby instead.

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Certainly intriguing. Shame the video was in the Ghoul King’s point of view rather than the Skaven (Skaven >>>>>>>>> Vampire Counts) but it could herald that a Skaven update is in the works at some point, as is an updated Flesh Eater Courts Battletome (which in turn means that more of the 1st Edition races may also get updated tomes - fingers crossed for Fyreslayers, Ironjawz and Seraphon!)

In fact Fyreslayers vs Ironjawz would be a classic boxed game match up...

8. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about the price of theese first gloomspite releases?

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Well it is kind of hilarious to think that a referendum on such a complicated subject matter would result in anything other than a disaster.

But yeah back to a more interesting subject, the hobby :p
    I do hope the skaven get something interesting in there. I tried starting an army a little while back. But the lack of a tome & the fact that each subfaction is only really capable of "spam this one unit" did rather ruin that….

But yeah, looks like some of the forgotten 1st edition factions are getting updated. It explicitly states more stuff is coming for the skaven and flesh court.

What factions are left now that need a tome? Free people, "normal" aelves, "normal" ogres. That's all right? Seems like we should be getting close to 1st edition races being updated.

They look good, though I do think they seem a bit heavy on the damage. Even if they're fairly squishy.

Also the loonshrine feels weird. No battleshock tests near it and a summoning mechanic, but only for stabba's and shoota's. Seems far less impressive than the other faction terrain, and one of the few that I can think of that doesn't work for every goblin army. If you don't have stabba's and shoota's to begin with the summoning mechanic is useless. And given that pure troggoth or pure squig armies are supposed to be viable as well that seems weird.

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Prices seem to be OK - I expected the Squig Hoppers to be around £20-30, and I knew they were to be in boxes of 10. Squig Herds are a tad more expensive than I thought but still not shocking, and was expecting the Loonking to be £20 as GW seem to think that charging the price for a character to be the same as those of the units they lead is now acceptable :mad:

The Loonshrine rules are pretty good for me as I already have 60 (soon to be 80) ordinary Night Goblins and to be able to both spam them when they die and make them fearless is great for me as, true to their original Fantasy form, they have dreadful morale. I’m just worried that my small Battle for Skull Pass version would be seen as far too small for use in competitive games. In any case, it’s good to see the number of Nettas reduced to 3 per unit so there’s no more full units of Nettas (which has been a tactic advocated on TGA in the past) so things have become more balanced again.

As for Squig Hoppers and herders, I think the idea is for them to be squishy but fast and dangerous if they get into melee (read: shoot them with everything if you play Kharadron or Disciples). They can also move through enemy units and deal mortal wounds to them which is great fun, allowing you to bounce them straight towards the enemy’s squishy missile troops and deal mortal wounds to their tough melee units they put in your way (Stormcast are going to be stuffed by this tactic :D)

You missed out Dispossessed yet you remembered the Freeguild, but no matter. Certainly this is a good sign that Skaven and Flesh Eater Courts will both be getting tomes (for the Flesh Eaters it’ll be a much-needed update while for Skaven it’ll be the first time they’ve had some love since GW divided them into Pestilens and then all the tomeless clans - I’m guessing that they’ll be getting a Beasts of Chaos type book while Flesh Eaters will remain a separate army from Legions of Nagash), and this almost certainly means GW will start running through other 1st Edition races and those that didn’t get a tome the first time - I imagine this will occur between releasing new factions like Darkoath as smaller releases for when they only have a couple of weeks to release something for AoS.

While there is no specific rota between which Grand Alliance gets stuff, I imagine that a good mix of Order, Chaos and Destruction armies will get some love as part of this, which is great because we’ll hopefully see a good bit more variation on which armies will appear in tournaments - I imagine after Skaven and Flesh Eater Courts, for instance, they’ll most likely decide to return to Order and update Seraphon and Fyreslayers, before they then do Ironjawz, Beastclaw Raiders and Bonesplitterz. I’m certainly hoping they do some sort of Dwarfs VS Greenskins box and subsequent release at some point (either Fyreslayers or Dispossessed vs either Bonesplitterz or Ironjawz) in a similar vein to this to really bring back the classic rivalry from Fantasy. That would be great to see.

Captaniser, Canas and GuaDan like this.
  11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The few other warscrolls they've shown, like that troggoth hero, also had increadible damage output. Makes me worry what a faction with limited ranged is supposed to do against them.

Aren't the dispossed rolled into the free people now? Or is it just everything mechanical that's become free people and whatever dwarfish that remains is dispossed?

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The latter. If the former ever occurred I would honestly never buy a GW product ever again. The act of shoving in such an awesome army as Dispossessed alongside the hideous Empire State Trooper models would be an abomination - GW have already stirred my ire by putting the Dwarf artillery with the Freeguild, and it would know no bounds if they put the rest in with them! :mad::bored:

Canas likes this.
  13. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

I for one would also definitely like to see a unified Skaven tome. Scavenging through the Grand Alliance Chaos book for a viable Eshin army just to disappoint myself with only four warscrolls and no battalion is not fun.

14. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

At $10 more than the squig herd which has 12 models

little-myth likes this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

True, but the Hoppers are all mounted. Mounted models typically cost more.

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I love both of them from the deepest recesses of my hobby

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Something new for you to buy!

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Been watching this review video for the Gloomspite Battletome:

An interesting thing here is the allies table - Gloomspite Gitz can ally with Bonesplitterz, Gitmob Grots and Greenskinz, and the reason why I find this strange is because GW have just got rid of all the Gitmob Grot models now that Gloomspite Gitz have come in - does this mean Gitmob will also get a whole host of new models at some point soon?

20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

maybe it's just to allow people to still use the older models (for now)?

I wouldn't be surprised if normal greenskinz and gitmob eventually become combined into a proper faction of their own though. Or if the the 2.0 version of ironjawz or bonesplitterz will include those in their tomes.