1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: magic and prayers in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Orange is the new black... :bag:

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I thought "Abaddon Black" was the new black?! ;)

PhoenixTheCat, Jorgik and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Oh no, you didn't...

Guys, today we've got a new a huge glimpse of the future, a new horde of ruinous powers of sorcery and mutation:

[​IMG]

As you can see, my guesses were right; the disk and staff showed on previous Rumor Engies are part of the same model: that Sorcerer Tzaangor.

There are Kairic Acolytes with more weapons and a special options, like a huge scroll and a twisted bird, what seems to be elite Tzaangors and elite Tzaangors on discs, see them, and more, here; a compilation of the big releases of this year, with a reminder for tomorrow's stream on Twtich, with even more info: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/20/we-had-a-great-2016/

Oh, yes tomorrow's stream will also feature the first new Battletome of 2017 (as posted on Facebook):

Note that the Battletome is "Disciples of Tzeentch", not just "Arcanites", this could mean that the Battletome will feature rules for every Chaos faction that has the Tzeentch keyword.

This are great vacation's weeks, excellent for a good, warm mug of chocolate, and we are just days away from Christmas!

Warden, Crowsfoot, n810 and 2 others like this.
  4. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Well, is already 30/31, depending on where you live. And the last AoS batch of the year, is all about change.

First, the confirmation of several Rumor Engines, and I was right, that's a Tzeentchian disk (look at those tiny Screamers, what a nice detail) and the staff of a Tzaangor Shaman: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/21/rumour-engine-december-21st/

On the next article, you can see more details of the new models: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/21/looking-forward-to-tzaanuary/

There is also a preview of the next Battletome, including rules for Tzeentch units and factions: (bad quality, the original is on Twitch)

Also, check out the updated FAQ, it has some minor changes to random damage and calrifies some rules: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/22/faq-update-for-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

On other thigs, there was this particular kit bash using two lake-town houses, and it looks extremely well: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/22/lake-town-kit-bash/

Finally, the last Rumor Engine of the year: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/28/rumour-engine-december-28th/

It look a lot like a tail IMO, maybe Tzeentchian, maybe a gryph creature.

So, there we are, years past so fast right?

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

The older you get the faster they go, just saying.........

6. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

I have to say, if you haven't seen the new Lord of Change, you haven't seen a perfect Greater Daemon
    [​IMG]

7. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

NO, STOP BROTHERS, WE ARE HERE TO FULFILL THE WILL OF THE OLD ONES, NOT TO PRAISE THAT SORCEROUS SCUM!

Role-play aside, that's a GORGEOUS model (*almost* as beautiful as the Carnosaur), you can learn a bit more here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/08/change-is-coming/

The model can also be build as Kairos Fateweaver, is as tall as a Bloodthirster, and will come with a little rule update.

Lady Atia says that you will want 3 boxes to build the model with every heads and weapons options, and that there will be more daemon releases (surely Blue and Brimstone Horrors).

And last WD issue also revelead that the Ogroid Thaumaturge and Gaunt Summoner, from Silver Tower, will be sold separately this week, alongside the new Kairic Acolytes and Battletome: Disciples of Tzeentch.

A bit late, but here is the first Rumor Engine entry of the year: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/04/rumour-engine-january-4th/

[​IMG]

I'd like it to be a new Dwarf or Human weapon.

And the second, that just went out today: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/11/rumour-engine-january-11th-2017/

[​IMG]

I would like it to be a new Ironweld Arsenal unit. I believe that the mount is a gryph or demigryph, that blue part has to be feathers, although it could also be a new creature too.

Today's Tip of the Day shows us an easy and nice way to paint yellow feathers for Seraphon models, using as example a Skink priest' headdress.

And that's about it, now we only have to wait for the new Tzeentch releases next Saturday.

Have a great year!

Warden, Crowsfoot, Bracnos and 3 others like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

You can not resist the corruption of Chaos.

That Lord of Change is a lovely model. I haven't been a fan of most of the new AoS models (with a few notable exceptions), but this model really hits the mark. Not sure how practical it is to play with (due to size and fiddly breakable plastic bits), but it is hard to deny that it is beautifully sculpted.

9. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

From what I have seen all the new models use a hard/soft plastic that yes has lots of small added details one has to carefully glue on but this new plastic tends to bend instead of snapping off like the older model line dose....I have only noticed this when I got some older 5th? Ed I think lizard men... if you now me I like to change my models quite abit and the feet of the older line snaps while the new line bends and stretches before it will brake more so for the small details...imho

Also my saraphon need more chaos to kill so looKS like I'm buying some more models lol

10. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Are they selling Gryph Hounds separately yet?

Warden likes this.
  11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Nope, not as yet.

Warden likes this.
  12. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

[heresy]

It is an amazing model. Look at those wings! If you take away the daemon-body, use the wings and heady, and sculpt a snake body it would make for an interesting coatl conversion.

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

The battle trait of the tzeentch allegiance is pretty interesting and cool

Slanputin likes this.
  14. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Kairos Fateweaver. Ngl, I miss the fish from the old model.
    [​IMG]

Also, you can vaguely make-out alternative builds for the mundane LoC's in the background:
    [​IMG]

Bowser, Warden and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That would definitely make for a beautiful conversion, although I shudder to think of the price tag. That would be one pricey piece of conversion material.

Jorgik and Warden like this.
  16. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I didn't think about that. Way too much money, it would have to be done with bits.

Beautiful picture there @Slanputin. Its amazing how far simple miniature photography has advanced!

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  17. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Quite. Although GW either has an unhealthy addiction to fog machines or the Mortal Realms is seriously afflicted with bad fog.

Jorgik, Warden and Bowser like this.
  18. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

well here's hopping it falls inline with the blood thirstier price

Warden and Bowser like this.
  19. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Behind every Bloodthirster is a Blood thirstier

20. Warden
    Slann