1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

It doesn’t say it’s tied to Hysh, only a small joke about the “sphere of Hysh” giving clarity as a remark on how little it reveals (assuming it’s the facebook page you’re talking about).

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Where's that text from? Can't seem to find it. All it says is that it's a rumour engine pic.

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I think it is of the Facebook page:

Screenshot_20190521-201208.png

Gr, Imrahil

4. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

Like I said, it seems to be a remark on its indecipherability rather than the picture itself, so hopefully we’re still in with a chance, and even if it is related to the model, we did build the Geometric Tower in Hysh and it fits our status as fighting for order, so there’s still hope. :)

ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Also; the same picture is shown both on the AoS And 40K page. Needless to say the 40K page has a different caption. So yeah, I wouldn't attach too much value to the caption.

upload_2019-5-21_22-6-13.png

Rikard, ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  6. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

In hindsight I might have taken the text a little to literally, so I have gained some more hope that it is a Seraphon Dinosaur :).

Oh_Man and Imrahil like this.
  7. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Hopefully it’s some new Seraphon preferably with a battletome because I would love to see saurus be balanced. I personally think they should really revamp Saurus Guard and up their points but make them have like 3 hp and be beasts.

ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Sylvaneth have started to infest the Hammerhal Herald:
    [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure that this is confirming that they will be given a Next Week preview this Sunday and will be arriving next Saturday, as Fyreslayers got a Hammerhal Herald image just before their announcement and Sylvaneth have already been announced.

This is looking promising for the UK Games Expo reveal next weekend - I'm really hoping that the next faction will be teased then.

ChapterAquila92, Canas and GuaDan like this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I'm surprised they nailed it to a tree...

10. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

lol true that just hit me after I read this lol.

11. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

I believe that is part of the pun.

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Usually they then show a hint of what happened with the poor sod who thought it was a good idea though :p I think they might have been a tad sloppy with this one.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but the regular greenskins have completly dissapeared from the GW site. Has anyone seen any announcements regarding them yet? Especially seeing as both Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz don't seem to have too many models it seems weird to completly dump all of em.

14. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

I’d noticed the disappearance of the SC, but I hadn’t realised that the whole lot had gone. Looks like we’re in for a Destruction update relatively soon (although hopefully not before our Seraphon one!).

15. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I honestly think they will either be phased out (which would be a pity, the models aren't bad) or become a new mini faction for mercenaries, or maybe just get rolled into some soup Battletome with the Ironjawz.

ChapterAquila92 and Acrocanth like this.
  16. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

I dunno there's only so many older kits you want to keep stockpiled in warehouses. Probably not huge demand for them either. There's an impermanence to life things change kits get discontinued dinosaurs evolve into cassowarys. Maybe destruction can get a fancy new army in the fall :)

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That happened ages ago when Gloomspite Gitz came out

I honestly think it’s strange that they did that because they listed them as usable allies in the Gooomspite Gitz Battletome, yet they got rid of them as soon as Gloomspite Gitz came out.

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I would've expected them to become a soup tome yeah, especially with ironjawz and bonesplitters not exactly being huge factions to begin with.

Also, the forgeworld stuff still exists, which includes an ork command set that isn't ironjawz.

Also their dissapearance means greenskin technology has completly dissapeared, which was one of their unique selling points within destruction. Now it's just naked orruks, orruks with slabs of metal nailed to their body and goblins with barely more than a sharp bit of metal and a robe. The various examples of orruk ingenuity like a doomdiver have completly dissappeared, which is weird.

19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Unusual that there was no next week preview yesterday, only a post about when the contrast paints are coming.

I’m honestly praying to the Gods right now that GW aren’t just going to use the Games Expo Preview this weekend just to milk the Sylvaneth release that they’ve already covered, because if they do, or if they don’t preview the next army because of it, I’m going to go absolutely nuts with frustration.

20. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Even if they focus on the Sylvaneth (or no AoS at all, just 40k or so), IIRC in the last few years they always had at least some small teasers going for their upcoming stuff. Almost a constant stream. I am not very concerned at this point.