1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I make those for cheaper

2. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

New White Dwarf has just arrived. You and any other Fyreslayers fans are almost certainly going to want this issue - it comes with a themed story for them, a painting guide and the Tome Celestial is on the Vorstag Lodge with rule for special themed battalions and even a new Warscroll for a Vorstag named character!

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

What's supposed to be the new release date for the thing? I know they're supposed to be later from this month onward but they seem very late.

4. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

The official shop release is the 21st, I got it sooner because I subscribe

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I know, thought subscriptions were supposed to be the 10th and the shop ones on the 15th. But that explains why mine hasn't arrived yet (it's never been on time :p)

6. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

We have some new Store Anniversary figures for this year (Stormcast and Space Marines of course. What else?)

They seem to have managed to actually sculpt a decent looking face this time around for the Stormcast figure - she seems pretty cool actually:

33D03B31-919E-414A-95CE-25A34A87C17A.jpeg

However, the mantle of having an odd face seems to have gone to the Space Marine - the idea for his pose is pretty cool, but the execution and his overall appearance seems lacking to me:

0CBF760D-3F89-45CA-9F1D-10C3DDCA7B23.jpeg

ChapterAquila92 and Lizerd like this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I want that stormcast... I've been looking for female models that actually look decent and this is the first I see that actually looks decent. Is there any way of getting these without a store?

Lizerd likes this.
  8. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

To be honest I agree that stormcast generally lack good female models. Really all the needs to be done for a decent model is shift the armor mass and slightly change the shape of the figure. I think this time they actually did a decent job.

Good thing about seraphon is we don’t have gender so we don’t have to deal with inferior mammal problems. Reptiles>mammals

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

In general, good female models are a pain to find unless you want something like DoK; fairly scantily dressed scowling & rather evil looking woman… Both within and outside of GW stuff. But the SCE females I find to be the worst. Their chestplates usually look so utterly ridiculou This one has a decent pose, a decent phase, the chestplate actually looks decent with the little crest in the middle so it doesn't look like she's wearing broken armour that for some reason has a massive bump in the middle of the chest.

10. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think that the Space Marine looks like Dwight from The Office? :D
    image.png

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

She’s OK for the most part, but there’s just something wrong with her mouth that makes her look 10 years older...

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I'm sure some of you will like this; there's an article about the fyreslayer's lodge vostarg in the white dwarf of june. THere's a little snippet about the twelve sons of Thorgar-Grimner. Apparently his youngest son tried to retake Vosforge, and the snippet about it is interesting:

Sounds a bit chaos dwarfy? maybe they'l make a return at some point.

13. Monorailpig
    Skink

Monorailpig Member

Oh Bloody Hell, Id love Chaos Dwarves, I read about them before when I was deciding which army to start playing and they sounded cool.

Not as much as the Lovely Lustrians, but still.

14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The boxes for the apocalypse detachement went up for pre-order, some of them are fairly decent deals while others are quite pointless (what is it with GW sets that don't give any discount compared to buying the parts individually…). But anyway does anyone know if these boxes are supposed to be a permanent addition like the SC sets, but apocalypse sized? Or are they like the battleforces & those AoS boxed sets for city armies, temporary and liable to dissapppear at random for no discernable reason?

15. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

At this point, it doesn't phase me much that the sets are more likely to be one-click-buys than actual monetary deals.
    That will depend on how much of a resurgence that Apocalypse will get in popularity.

If anything, I'm more surprised by the fact that some of the boxes are the same sets as what was sold back when Apocalypse was first introduced.

16. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

What surprises me most is the vast difference between the bundles. Ranging from no added value to saving nearly a 100,- euro (something like a 40% discount compared to buying stuff seperatly). It's kind of all over the place.

So count on it dissappearing at random at some point then? I seriously don't get what GW has against boxed sets. Very few seem to survive longer than a few years. I can't imagine the boxed sets being that impopular, most are a decent deal and good to both start and continue an army. Seems weird they rarely have stay for long.

17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Finally, finally, finally, the AoS product release pipes are going to be cleared of Sylvaneth rubbish next Saturday- it’s highly likely then that the next army to get releases will be previewed on the AoS open day later on this month. Whether it is Seraphon or not I don’t know, only that it is much more likely that it will be previewed at the next event, which I believe is the Open Day.

Monorailpig likes this.
  18. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for KO or Seraphon.

19. Monorailpig
    Skink

Monorailpig Member

Scalyboys or bust, but I am somewhat biased

20. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

As much as I dislike to say it: other armies have it way worse so probably they should get something first.

(Btw I still don't understand why they made a new Sylvaneth BT. They have a pretty decent one right now.)