1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Having troubles deciding on a Lizardman list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Seth the Dark, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Seth the Dark
    Jungle Swarm

Seth the Dark New Member

What do you generally consider "essential" for Lizardmen armies to do well?

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Well, luckily with the flexibility offered in our list, there is not anything that can truly be considered essential. That non-withstanding, there are certain things that one almost always finds in a lizzies list.

(1) Skinks. Although this might seem like a no-brainer, ive seen some people only field one unit or none at all, but for their cost its essential to atleast include two units. Even when relying heavily upon saurus, skinks provide a great screen for anything and everything (and the ability for Krox's to charge through is a nice suprise for people who are not use to lizzies). With m6 they can run circles around opponents and for their points can put out a decent level of fire-power.

(2) Salamanders. a m6 skirmishing unit that can throw out auto-hits? AND their misfire almost never takes out the unit? and they arnt too bad in a fight? I dont know about you, but if it wasnt for the calls of cheese I would always include two units of 3.

(3) JSoD/FSoD/Terries. Whether its mage-hunting, fast cav. hunting, or /we, these units make up for our lack of fast cav and weapons that can reach across the table.

Thats all i can really think of. Im sure most of you will mention Saurus, but I find them to be too slow to keep up with most of the faster elements in the army. Like Chaos Warriors, they are an anvil more than anything else. The only problem is that with things like huanchis totem saurus cavalry, krox's charing through skinks, and other ploys, we can fight the battles on our terms. Then again, im a MSU player at heart (ala Druchii).

*Edit* Since you think your leaning towards a Tepok spawning, Saurus become much more important. At the same level, Skinks become less expendible, but far more potent. Fielding 6 units of skinks means that you have effectively shut down the opponents magic phase for 80 pts a pop, and is very hard to catch.