1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavens watch

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Dylanmaunder, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Dylanmaunder
    Skink

Dylanmaunder New Member

"Warning Cry: It is said that it is impossible to sneak up on a Gryph-hound. If an enemy unit is set up within 10" of this unit, roll two dice. Any unit within that many inches of the Gryph-hounds is alerted to the enemy unit’s presence, and can attack it with one of its weapons as though it were your shooting phase"

so it said's one of your weapons so i guess even though razor dons are in a unit you can't volley with all of them. or it mean's on of the units weapons....

I think id dump the star-priest and go with a skink priest with trappings and hide it behind a monster. 50% chance of getting re roll saves

Bowser likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

no, I don't read it like that.
    A unit attacks with one of its weapons. A weapon is one the line in the warscroll. That means that a unit of 40 Skinks shoots with 40 attacks of course. Everything else would be maximum silly IMO.

That sentence means that if you happen to have more than one ranged weapon on a unit, like, say, a Bastiladon, you have to choose one. Only the Solar Engine OR the Meteoric Javelins can do their attacks.

InfamousBeany, Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  3. Dylanmaunder
    Skink

Dylanmaunder New Member

sound really good and the hound is 40 points. plus darting attack sounds good

Bowser likes this.
  4. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Christ alive @Bowser, I hope nobody in this thread is lactose intolerant or those lists would near kill them on sight.

Bowser and Seraphage like this.
  5. Dylanmaunder
    Skink

Dylanmaunder New Member

actually no a friend just pointed out that the gryph-hold will only spot units if they are deployed with in 10" so it only works if they are coming from the side of the board or deep striking... possibly.

Bowser and Seraphage like this.
  6. Dylanmaunder
    Skink

Dylanmaunder New Member

it hard to say as there basically a counter for every thing it seems fairly balanced not like in 40k where i can go scatter bikes and il take 4 wrath knights with D-swords and more D-weapons and a 2 far farseers and a conclave zipping around drooping eldritch storm.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Fret not, there's always plenty of whine to go with my cheese, so tourneys only for those ones.