1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello All!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sabaton, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Sabaton
    Skink

Sabaton New Member

I've been playing historical tabletop miniatures for about three years now (15mm Flames of War, 28mm Bolt Action, 28mm French and Indian War). Unfortunately there isn't a very good following for historical games in my area (central Pennsylvania).

I reluctantly started playing 40k about two months ago; I am building a small Space Wolves army. Last week the group I play with stated that they want to start playing AoS again. I am excited to say the least!

I like the painting/modeling aspect of gaming as much as playing the games. I have always loved the look of the Seraphon and they were my natural choice for playing AoS. I have ordered the Start Collecting! Seraphon box set, a box of Skinks, a Skink Starpriest and a Lizardman Skink Priest (I think I ordered the same item even thought they have different item numbers) . I have decided to go with a red color based army instead of the common blue.

I will have lots of questions as I build my army and learn to play. Hopefully I don't become a pest.

See ya,

Pat

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome Pat, we love pest's here, I just recieved the start collecting greenskinz this morning for my birthday can't wait to build them up as I have almost finished my Seraphon.

Hopefully see some of your painted models, head over to the painting section for inspiration and we have a very vibrant AOS section and a fantastic fluff section were the guys are posting new stories for our Seraphon/Lizardmen/Saurian Ancients/Salamanders (did I get all the names @NIGHTBRINGER)

See you in the painting section

Crow

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome to Lustria. :D

4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Hopefully you find what you need, or can at least get answers to your questions!

5. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Umm. Your name means "shoe" - Which isn't awkward at all.

I am actually planning to rain on everyone's parade soon and tell them that axes the size of scullery doors are not practical single handed weapons. I hope I can rely on your historical wargaming knowledge to back me up.

We can be pariahs together.

Scalenex likes this.
  6. Sabaton
    Skink

Sabaton New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Bob: Indeed sabaton means a type of armored shoe however Sabaton is: http://www.sabaton.net/

I love those guys; they are a heavy metal group that sing primarily about historical events (mostly related to historic battles or figures). I was listening to Gott Mit Uns when I decided to join the site. I'm not very creative when it comes to forum names.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

You did indeed! Though I might have changed the order in which they were presented, lol. ;)

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I know you would :)

9. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Probably like: Seraphon/Salamanders/Saurian Ancients/Lizardmen ?
    As Lizardmen is really a thing of the past :D

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'd prefer Saurian Ancients/Lizardmen/Salamanders/Seraphon. :)

11. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums! We look forward to your contributions.

Now excuse me, I have to continue my flame war with Bob.

"This is unrealistic! The virtually indestructible magic sapient space bipedal lizards that bleed light can't possible heft a weapon that big one handed.

12. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Exactly my point. For once you have seen the light.

Next time you feel unilluminated, go and pick up those electrodes over there. That's right, one in each hand. I'll throw the switch for you.