1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello there! have you seen an Old One?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kor`Torak, May 16, 2017.

1. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

I came here looking for some pics of Seraphon a couple of months ago, but my love for the Lizardmen has been long and harsh, at first i wanted to play Fantasy, but the high entrance price pulled me off, and started 40k with my other passion, the robots. But since AoS came out, and the SC box of the Seraphon came with the wonderful carnosaur, this itch under my skin kept coming up until the last christmas when i bought my collection. SC box, Bastilodon, and a Saurus Guard box.

And now i'm here! Looking for the wisdom of the Old Ones (Old players), and trying to come up with a really nice scheme for my lizards. but also to share my view, have a nice time, and enjoy the wonderful hobby of being a Dinofan with Dinowonders to kit bash, paint and finally play.

For a bit of personal information, i come from a far away territory of Spain, Atlantis a.k.a Canary Islands. So i hope you all can forgive me if i make some mistakes with my writing. Its may not be as good as it used to be.

So without further delay,

lets have fun!

Scalenex, Warden, BeardyGecko and 6 others like this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome aboard, Kor'Torak!

Yeah, start collecting boxes for AoS are a good deal.
    Do you plan to play AoS, or you just pick the models and play WHFB / 9thAge? because we have active forums for both of them. ;)

Bowser and Captaniser like this.
  3. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

ThereĀ“s no active community of WHFB/9thAge where i play, neither in the other stores and my friends only play AoS, since they are diehard fans of 40k and only got into fantasy with the new release. So don't worry, i have been a lurker for some time before introducing myself, so i know how the things go around here to some extent.

4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! If you have lurked you may have read it before, but as always I say for the Start Collecting is make the oracle from the start collecting your skink starpriest and convert one of the knights into a scar-vet on cold one.

Captaniser likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

6. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

Yes, i'm currently working on it, i have some problems with the skink priest, it's already painted, but i'm not sure on how to base it. I tried to go for the classic "on rock" pose, but i'm not finding any natural rocks that fit, and my skills to make them are not as sharp as i would like, so it's getting quite tricky.

I remember reading about the Scarvet you mention too. And i have to say that once i saw how many options the knights AND Guard had, its quite easy to do so, but i'm not so sure about the command, i just made one drumer, alpha and standbearer for the guard, and i'm not even sure if thats good or not :/ the alpha is fine since it's just a more cool guard, but the others... Not so sure.

Also, i have a question, I plan to buy a GW oldblood model, and convert it to have a Greatsword instead of the maul, is this a good a idea? or i'm getting carried away by the always cooler two-handed weapon?

Scalenex, Warden and Bowser like this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Always go with the awesome option! So definitely do the great sword. Always have a misician banner and Alpha per unit. They're free and add so much value.

Kor`Torak and Aginor like this.
  8. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Welcome to this scalie infested forum on the internets. :D

You will find some truly amazing pictures of beautifully painted seraphon miniatures (and other factions) miniatures here. 'cough' @Crowsfoot 'cough' :)

I'm also a person who was scared of by the large pricetag on the mini's, hell, i'm still scared. And i still have never owned a miniature or anything like that, and i probaly won't do for a long time.

For 8th edition, ask @NIGHTBRINGER. For Kings of War, ask @Crowsfoot and for AoS, ask pretty much everybody else.

Oh, i went on vacation there last year, wonderful place (atleast the tourist places).

Dude, i have meet native english speakers, who are way worse at using correct grammar than you. You ain't got nothing to worry about, and we aren't to nitpicky when it comes to spelling mistakes.:p

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Did someone shout me?

Have alook through the painting section for inspiration and if you need any tips just ask away.

And welcome aboard.

Bowser likes this.
  10. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

My slann sense is tingling... :spiderman:

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the jungle!

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

we got fun and games!

Ritual and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  13. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Welcome to the party!

14. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

Welcoming meow. (Not everyone here is a lizard. Some are felines, and some are just annoyances to inconvenience. Like @NIGHTBRINGER)

Bowser likes this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

1490235118239.jpg

Captaniser and Bowser like this.
  16. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

17. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

Hey, it was@Bowser's idea for me to inconvenience you, not destroy you. Jeez.

Captaniser, NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Please, it was mine ;)

Captaniser, NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  19. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

Sorry. I forgot.

Bowser likes this.
  20. Killer Angel
    Slann

I suppose it's normal to forget something, when you already need to constantly control your human to do the converting and painting, prepare food and take care of all your necessities...

Bowser likes this.