1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tk'ya'pyk, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Hello, I am Tk'ya'pyk the Skink Priest. I've been in this hobby for over twenty years now (I started Warhammer Fantasy in 5th edition and was playing 40K back when it was Rogue Trader). After a rather long absence (partly due to getting married and life intervening and partly due to... aw, who am I kidding, I stopped playing for almost 10 years because of that), I am getting back into tabletop wargaming. I restarted playing 40K a few years ago, but had to sell off most of my Fantasy stuff almost a decade ago due to a job loss. After much consideration, I have decided to make a Seraphon army. I had Lizardmen (and Chaos, and Dogs of War, and Dark Elves, and... well, you get the idea) back in 5th and 6th edition WFB, and kind of miss them...

Vroomer, ravagekitteh, Lizerd and 3 others like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the forum! :):):)

Vroomer and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  3. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you. I haven't gotten very far with my new Seraphon army. So far, I've got a box of skinks, some old metal minis I had lying around, and ONE hero: Ty'ya'pyk, my Skink Priest (and by default, currently my General). I also have a pair of... well... RAFM makes a line of minis called "Reptiliads," and they had these giant turtles that struck me as being kind of Lizardman-ish. I'm slowly converting them into "Skink Dino-Chariots" like a miniature Stegadon with Skinks riding on their backs. Custom conversion, obviously, and I will likely make a custom warscroll for them one day...

Attached Files:

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard ;)

Vroomer likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome back to the Game!

have you already looked at AoS rules? Do you have an idea how Seraphon work? For any advice you may need, we're here to help. :)

Vroomer likes this.
  6. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! You have chosen well as the Seraphon are far superior to anything that those simple orcs or elves could be (we are after all, Aztec lizard men riding dinosaurs). Hope you enjoy the forum!

Vroomer and Tk'ya'pyk like this.
  7. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

Vroomer likes this.
  8. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Yes, the whole idea of being Aztec Lizards who ride Dinosaurs really appealed to me. When I was a kid I wanted to be a paleontologist. These days I recognize I would make a horrible paleontologist, but I still like Dinosaurs. I've been looking over the armybook and the various General's Handbooks for a while now. Am I correct in assuming that I cannot use the Skink Chief or Jungle Swarm warscrolls from the holdover lists and points costs in General's Handbook 2016 anymore? As you can see from my Avatar pic, I have a bunch of old metal skinks lying around that I'd like to keep using...

Likewise, has anyone come up with a hold-over Warscroll for the old Skink Cold One Riders? I have 9 of them that I'd like to use. I found a warscroll that someone made for Tichi-Huichi's Lizardman Raiders, but at 180 points for 5 they're kind of pricey. If not, I'll just use them as a stand-in for Saurus Knights.

Vroomer and Lizerd like this.
  9. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

To be fair, most people when they are young want to be paleontologists ;)
    As for Jungle swarms they might now be called celestial swarms. I think the skink chief is either a starpriest or priest, worst case a skink alpha. I think the skink cold one riders might now be counted as saurus knights.

Vroomer likes this.
  10. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome back to the hobby, welcome to the forums!

We have lots of resources here, so let us know if you have any questions about painting, fluff, game play or anything else!

11. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

12. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome! See you around.

Gr, Imrahil

13. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member