1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS HELP. compleat noob

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Fred Paterson, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Fred Paterson
    Skink

Fred Paterson New Member

I am a compleat noob at the game. I am hoping to make a 2000 point seraphon army. I like the idea of bastildons , salamanders and razordons. I also like Knights. Should I buy the start collecting? I just need some advice on how to start a strong, fun army of just seraphon.

Captaniser likes this.
  2. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Yes, Fred: go for the "Start Collecting!" box, I can see there's quite a general consensus in finding it the right first step into this hobby!

You say you like Knights, and in this box you can get 8 of them (a good number), and furthermore choose to build either
    - a Troglodon and a Saurus hero on foot (you have 3 weapons you can choose to equip him with);
    - a Carnosaur and a Skink hero on foot (you can use it as a Skink Priest or Starpriest).

I wouldn't suggest you an army list made by myself simply because Games Workshop is about to release the General's Handbook, and there will probably be changes in the point cost of our units...
    (But of course, in a 2000 pts army there will certainly be enough space to add at least a Bastiladon, a Salamander and a Razordon in your army ;) Just be sure to have one or more Skink Handlers' units near your Sallies and Razors to make them more dangerous).

My only advice is it would be useful to add a Skink Starpriest to your units, 'cause you will need some magic protection/offense and its ability doubles the damage output for certain attacks made with Teeth or Jaws by your units... like (surprise!) some of the attacks made by the Carnosaur, the Troglodon, Salamanders, Razordons and Saurus Knights :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    spess, Captaniser, n810 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Fred Paterson
    Skink

Fred Paterson New Member

thank you so much!

Captaniser, Aginor and Freddy25 like this.
  4. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

You're welcome!

Last thing: we always give it for granted, but just in case...

To be ready to start playing Seraphon, I suggest you to:
    - download on a smartphone or tablet the Warhammer Age of Sigmar app (WH AoS), it will give you the possibility to have ALL the warscrolls from every army for free, the general rules for AoS and if you want you can download (not for free) additional stuff like Painting guides, etc.
    - if you want, you can buy the Seraphon Battletome. You will find all our warscrolls in it and other things like some narrative parts, a nice gallery, and so on... But it is NOT NEEDED per se: if you are interested only in the very game rules (not in the fluff) you can simply use the before mentioned app to read the warscrolls of your units and play.
    - I see you aim at having a "2000 pts army", so I guess you are interested in Matched Play (i.e. "competitive")... In this case, you will NEED indeed the Generals Handbook, but as I said in my previous post, try to wait till the end of August: by that time, the GHB 2.0 will be available in stores, so you won't have wasted any money in something a bit outdated.

That's all from me, I guess!
    Let us know if you have any further doubt! :)

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

another good option is to buy TWO "start collecting": those 8 knights will easily become 15 knights (3 full units of 5, useful if you want to use the starhost) and 1 Scarvet on CO.
    You'll have a Carnosaur and a troglodon (with hero saurus on foot and Skink starpriest)... or two carnosaurs (with 2 skink priests)