1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help me make 2k lists vs Sylvaneth and Fyreslayers

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Tilorn91, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Tilorn91
    Saurus

Tilorn91 Active Member

Hello everyone! I have a game coming up tommorow vs a friend that plays Sylvaneth, and a few days later against a Fyreslayer player. My track record against both of them is pretty bad, I lost every game in the last few months, so I'm asking for help with what you all think would be a good list versus each of them.

What I've tried so far is a Fang of Sotek list with minimal summoning setup, and I've tried Eternal Starhost that died spectacularly to Drytcha (tilted me pretty hard when i had to remove 17 out of 30 Saurus Guards from a unit in the first turn).

I generally dislike using skinks as I dislike their lore and looks, which is probably why I'm losing so thoroughly. A 2k list with a brief guideline on how to play it would be amazing, thanks everyone.

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria Online!

In my Signature there is a link to list that I frequently use. If you have any question about those list feel free to message me.

3. Tilorn91
    Saurus

Tilorn91 Active Member

Decided to try out what looks to be the most difficult list to play, Dracothion's Tail. I already know he will have Drytcha, Treelord Ancient, 3 Kurunoth Hunters and a fat unit of dryads. Probably gonna use the crown on dryads, the rippers on Drytcha, and lance charges to hope for mortal wounds on the tree that has 2+ save with rerolls, ouch.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

The Dracothion's Tail Shadowstrike is the list I bring to events. So far this year I am 8 Major Victories with 0 Minor Victories or Defeats. Once I have experience some losses or Minor Victories I will be able to better write about its weaknesses.

Aginor likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

One drop, alpha strike, including shooting and melee. Can hit anywhere on the board.
    There's not many lists it totally doesn't work against.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

That is the hope. The list is light on bodies though.

7. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah that's the weakness. If the enemy also brings an alpha strike, and he goes first, then you are toast. :D

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

The Slann must live. The vulnerable stuff is in the heavens. So, ideally if screened correctly the Slann will survive long enough to bring on the reinforcements for the counter punch. There is certainly that vulnerability though. Fortunately, there are very few armies who make good one drop list.Or, at least aggressive one drop list.

9. Aginor
    Slann

Not only the Slann has to live. If they kill the Starpriest or Priest of your Shadowstrike (and both aren't exactly sturdy) then a valuable one of the bonuses is also gone.

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

It only really impacts the Skinks. The Rippers will still get the re-rolls from their Swoop for the following combat phase, but in my opponent's combat phase the loss of re-rolling 1's can be detrimental. Also, Summon Starlight is always impactful.

Aginor likes this.