1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Help me make a decision on the future of my Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Crowsfoot, Oct 20, 2015.

?

My Lizardmen need more love would you,

Poll closed Oct 30, 2015.
  1. Go back and start again.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Touch up and add detail to existing painted models.

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Concentrate on unpainted models.

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Convert and paint one off models.

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Ok guys I started back in February and have painted Lizardmen, Ogres, Dark Elves, Chaos, Space marines in the 8 months, mostly rushing through models and sticking them in a drawer when complete.

Now I feel I'm losing the very reason I paint models, so I need some help on what to do with my Lizardmen hence the poll, I have a pretty good idea what you will all say but we all love a poll, right?

And please comment away I want your input.

2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Convert EVERYTHING :D

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Cast a vote!

I thought about converting as much as possible and I have a mounted scarvet on the go as we speak, along with my Manticore and Skarbrand

4. TheDoctor
    Skink

TheDoctor Member

I began to paint lizardmen two years ago... After four or five month of crazy and not-well-made painting I stopped to paint...
    This year I have restarted my Lizardmen, and I have improved my painting skills.
    I have concentrate all my time on my unpainted models... and in the future I'll paint from zero my first models.
    I have tried to add details on existing models, but every time that I watch these models I only see the mistakes that I have done previously.
    I suggest you to do the same. Or you can convert EVERYTHING. ;););)
    Doctor

Pinktaco likes this.
  5. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

I'm much in the same boat as you, my friend. I have tons of painted models that really, REALLY could use another look, I have a plethora of ideas just waiting to happen, and I have stacks and stacks of models still on the sprue or just simply grey plastic, so I've decided to push forward and at least get all of the grey ones to a table top standard first, then go back and repaint/bring up the standard of the ones that need it, THEN do all the unique conversions that I would like to do. Every now and then I'll repaint a unit or create something unique just to keep my interest alive and remind me of my goals.

I think it really depends on what you'd like to do PERSONALLY. If you'd like to better your skills using green stuff, then focus on converting. If you'd like to get better at painting, then focus on touching up your painted models and bringing out small details. Whatever you do, make it a personal goal where you can see how you've progressed over the months you've spent working on them. I think you'll get some level of self gratification if you do that.

Gogery likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

:angelic::angelic:

I'd voted for "concentrate on unpainted models" but I think a few one of converted models in between would be perfect.

7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Very close but the result is what I expected and wanted tbh.