1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Help me today please maw crusher into bastiladon kitbash

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Bracnos, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Well as in the title I want to.turn the maw cursher into a bastiladon. I'm hoping someone that sees this will have both models and can show me a side by side comparison photo so that I can start to plan out how I'm going to accomplish this build.

Thanks in advance
    FB_IMG_1486061197715.jpg

Ps

Any ideas to help me along would also be much appreciated ^_^

Warden and Bowser like this.
  2. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Well since I'm holding for green stuff to cure. I went ahead and bought the maw cursher...and before I even began to plan a build I ran into my first problem... 20170203_172757.jpg I hope the maw dose not take up the hole Base once bbuilt in need it to fit the bastiladon Base lol

Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  3. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

It definitely fills that bigger base completely. These guys are so big and bulky. I don't think there's any real hope in fitting him onto a bastiladons base. This isn't mine, but you can see that the haunches are almost in line with the edge of the base 13226704_1070266233043434_8236704770812291499_n.jpg

Jorgik, Bracnos, Warden and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The maw crusher I think is quite a bit larger, and you may have some trouble fitting it to a Bastiladon base. It's a wide model, so you may need to make a few cuts as well.

Bracnos likes this.
  5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Couldn't find any of a bastiladon and a maw-crusher next to each other...

But I found these pics of a maw-crusher used in a Lizardmen army, next to some skinks (link). He is wearing a carnosaur head-crest. It looks like this guy is definitely bigger than a bastiladon, or at least bulkier, but I am not sure how well the armored-carapace is going to fit onto this things back.

5HCbhXe.jpg

69nmpir.jpg

Also found this guy next to a few ogre conversions:

Photo_09-11-2016_15_15_49_grande.jpg

And a piece of cabbage:

CjOPdpcWYAAg63M.jpg

That last one probably won't help but it was too funny not to post.

6. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Thanks for the words and pics. Seeing it built up next to some other big models helps Lot...I know this is going to take a lot of work and green stuff...cutting of the wings molding soooomany parts. Buy even if it tales me months to get it don't I am determined!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::punch::hurting::hungover:

Warden, Bowser and Jorgik like this.
  7. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Wow yes well looks like it won't be too long for this project. Just now I got the maw for a song (I love running into pissed off people in this hobby) girl walks into the store at the moment I'm the only one in besides the workers she tells me her girlfriend cheated on her so she's selling her models. I got that and a a few more for just 20 ahahhah this is a good way to start me day:p:p

edit yes this could work
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...yes-this-could-work.16969/page-24#post-178560

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Warden, Bowser and Jorgik like this.
  8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

One option would be mounting each foot (claw?) of the Maw-Creature on an individual round base. Or ovals. Four cavalry ovals all pointed the same direction would minimize the foot print and give some indication of the beast's facing.

Warden and Bowser like this.
  9. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

@pendrake thanks but if you follow the link youll see it dose fit on the bastiladon base ^_^

Bowser likes this.