1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help my first small army

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rage0497, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Rage0497
    Skink

Rage0497 Member

Hi there everyone, i recently started warhammer age of sigmar and since the battalion "eternal starhost" caught my attention i started with 3 units of 5 saurus guards (i'll add more guards when i'll have enough money),2 bastiladons , an eternity warden and a skink starpriest.
    My question here is should i build a stardrake icon and a wardrum for every saurus guard unit or is it better to just have polearms ? (I'm asking because i do have enough for a stardrake icon and a wardrum for each unit but i want to know if they are worth it)
    And what do you think about my army and do you have any tips for changing or improving it ?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Warden and n810 like this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome to Lustria. :D

Rage0497 likes this.
  3. Rage0497
    Skink

Rage0497 Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, do you happen to have an answer for any of my questions?

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Not really, I'm mostly still playing 8th edition.
    But there are no real terrible choices as far as Lizardmen go,
    so a lot of these decisions are just personal choice and play style.

Rage0497 likes this.
  5. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I would build one set of the War drummer and Stardrake and Test them out. Play 5 games, if they prove useful build more.

At some point you'll expand, play a larger point value army, and end up wanting at least one pair. (15 Saurus in one unit that includes the drummer and star drake.)

Rage0497 likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

welcome to the jungle.

Regarding your question: it's better for each unit to have the bonus of the banner and drums. The icon bearer and the musicia attack in the same way other models do, so you are not going to lose anything, and you will only gain the bonuses.
    That said, the icon and the drums count only if you play WYSIWYG, otherwise it's common to consider that each unit got its full command.

The army is already solid... but Guards are a not easy subject: they can be almost immortal when facing basic enemies, or they will die easily (with a staggering toll in loss of points) against mortal wounds.
    They are also not exceptionally fast.

Warden and Rage0497 like this.
  7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not super well versed in Age of Sigmar, but you should be able find a lot of army building assistance in the Seraphon Tactics sub-forum