1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help with summoning?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Flexsaurus, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Flexsaurus
    Jungle Swarm

Flexsaurus New Member

I've had some trouble understanding summoning in AoS, especially in AoS 2.0. If I make 1k list, my units that are ready for summoning don't go into that number? For example, I can have 1k list on the table and 30 Warriors ready to be summoned, despite the fact that they would put my total forces on the board to 1.3k points?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I believe you can reserve some of your points, (that you would otherwise buy units for to place in the beginning of the game) which you can then use to summon something. say you have reserved 160 points, meaning your army would be at most 840 points at the start, and then you can summon the Troglodon, as you have enough points reserved for it.
    As i understand it, it is a way of being able to see what your opponent has on the table, and then pick what you need to deal with that.

If you want to actually add extra points with summoning, you have to turn to Celestial Conjuration.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

This is no longer used. There are no more reserve points in AoS 2.0.

This and the EotGs is now our army's only way to summon units. You do not pay reserve points. All you need to do is generate and use the army's Celestial Conjuration Points. The cost of summoning is factored in to the cost of the Slann, Astrolith Bearer, and EotGs.

Ecozh, Imrahil and ASSASSIN_NR_1 like this.
  4. Flexsaurus
    Jungle Swarm

Flexsaurus New Member

This and the EotGs is now our army's only way to summon units. You do not pay reserve points. All you need to do is generate and use the army's Celestial Conjuration Points. The cost of summoning is factored in to the cost of the Slann, Astrolith Bearer, and EotGs.[/QUOTE]

Does that simply mean that those 3 units cost more points because it is assumed you will use them to summon more forces to battle?

5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Correct. Units that can be summoned are balanced against the over all strength of the army, the summoned units, the cost of the units which summon them, and the effectiveness of the army's summoning mechanic. Or at least that is what GW proposes.

Imrahil likes this.