1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey y'all. Still alive over here. =]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ixt, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Well, I've been busy lately! I've got a big ol' move coming up. The Eastern Shore of Maryland all the way to Seattle. I'll be driving and camping the entire way, with an itinerary that sets the stop-and-go at state & national parks/forests.

Up until a week or two ago, my day-to-day has been dominated by overtime & working my way out of my job (putting in my two-weeks notice felt amazing!). Now, I'm idling prior to the move and saying farewell to all of my friends and family.

That said, I've played NO AGE OF SIGMAR since my previous posts. :oops::rolleyes::p So much for getting back on the horse!

Before AoS's release, my tabletop gaming group had more or less disbanded due to all but one person moving out of state. The one remaining person took a sort of, "I don't like the way Age of Sigmar sounds and therefore I am not even going to try it," approach and sold his army. :| Weak!

Me being a total introvert, I didn't want to lay the burden of, "Hello, unscaled one! Would you like to be the guinea pig upon which I TEST THESE BRUTAL FORMATIONS?!" on some rando at the FLGS. x_x

As much as I've enjoyed theoryhammering (theorysigmaring?) and playing by myself to develop tactics/formations (which I think are still posted in the AoS tactics section - and as a quick shoutout: thank you for the very kind compliment on VC forums, Scalenex!), it isn't quite as fulfilling as gaming with another.

Long story short, I look forward to picking the hobby back up at Cafe Mox and the like when I get out to Seattle. I've been tossing around a couple more formations in my head, one that'd fit Skrox pretty nicely as a weak-side outrider (something to seal up an exposed flank to allow for aggressive/reckless charging) if the unit gets a little withered down or hopelessly outmatched. It's a nasty little triangular snare that if, positioned correctly, takes advantage of pile-in to create a meatshield across the board. Suicide units (flagellants) might get a lot of mileage out of it if I'm remembering their rules correctly.

Warden, Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Good luck with the trip! Sounds amazing to camp cross country!

Ixt likes this.
  3. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

I'm stoked! I have a route planned to the midwest, and then two possible routes from which to choose after there:

Leave Denton >
    George Washington Nat'l Forest >
    Big Stone Gap (beautiful little town nestled between two ridges of the southern Appalachians) >
    Land Between the Lakes >
    Mark Twain Nat'l Forest >
    Castle Rock Badlands...

and then from there, I either head northwest to...

Badlands Nat'l Park >
    Grand Teton Nat'l Park >
    Glacier Nat'l Forest >
    Portland > Seattle.

or continue, westbound to...
    Garden of the Gods >
    Great Basin Nat'l Park >
    Redwood Nat'l Forest >
    Portland > Seattle.

Warden, Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.