1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heyy there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Toltecatl, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Toltecatl Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I just stumbled across this section and thought I'd give it a go :)

So i'm basically a newcomer!

I come from Paris, France. Years ago I used to play 40k a little, plus some of GW's LOTR, and also had a couple Bretonnians I never played with… it was mostly the painting and converting part I have always loved (and probably always will ^^).

Over the last few years I've been quite busy with work and other activities and moving around quite a bit, which has sort of prevented me from getting the time to get back to hobbying… here I am now though!
    Lately I've been feeling like catching up, so I decided to check out what was going on in the GW universe and, for some reason, I felt that in addition to my grand auld space marines (and also, technically, a couple Tau I recently bought… promise lizards are the priority tho!!), it would be awesome to start playing Seraphon/Lizardmen. There is a couple other armies I would love to mess around with later (mostly wood elves…) but for some reason our little lizardy friends came out on top as regards my first steps :)

So here we go, I've been trying to decide what to do with my army and painting over the last few weeks! Due to overwhelming amounts of work it may take quite some time, but I'm sure our conversations will help me get somewhere with my playing and painting. What I have seen on the forum has already convinced me lizards was the right choice since there are such jolly good lads in the community :D

Looking forward to chatting with all of you folks!

Lots of good vibes from France.
    Toltecatl :turtle:

Warden, Blakksheep and Bowser like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard and hope you find what your looking for within the forum, I'm like you mostly a painter but I have started playing AOS and I have to say I love it.

Get the pics up and get a blog started (I know you already have)

Toltecatl likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the forum!

Toltecatl likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see the pics of the painted stuff, even the 40k stuff!

Toltecatl likes this.
  5. Blakksheep
    Skink

Blakksheep Member

You can't go wrong with the community here Toltecatl. I haven't seen anyone be anything here but warm and helpful. You landed in a great spot for getting into Lizardmen/Seraphon and I don't just mean tactics and such. The people here really support the hobby part of the game as well, probably more than just about any other warhammer-y online community I've ever looked into.

Crowsfoot and Toltecatl like this.
  6. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Thanks everyone :) I'm trying to get some pics going indeed! Just finished some green stuff shenanigans, I'll be posting that to my blog shortly.

@Blakksheep I'm not surprised and it's all the better since painting and converting is my prime focus… actually, I was searching for lizardmen colour schemes and conversions when I stumbled into the forum. so I took a look and thought exactly what you said!
    Must be painting and playing a cold blood army that makes for warmer exchanges ^^

Blakksheep and Crowsfoot like this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

As part of this community (my second home) your comments make me feel really proud to be able to contribute in some way.

Blakksheep likes this.
  8. Toltecatl
    Razordon

@Crowsfoot judging from your gorgeous blog through which I've been eagerly scrolling, you contribute much more than in some way… Btw if you don't mind me asking, your blog made me quite curious: where on earth did you acquire that painting eye? Even on the models you don't spend hours on, you seem to always find the right place for light and shadow. I must say it's pretty impressive.
    (and - again if you don't mind me asking - what do you do for a living? I must say I'm pretty amazed at your base coating an Ork fortress at work lol)

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

I painted models when I was 13 until my early 20ies some 25 years ago so I guess my eye is from back then although I need glasses now to see any detail, I'm a production manager in a small Powder coating factory, we paint industrial items like shop fittings etc so I always prime my models at work, I use a car primer usually (aerosol)

n810 likes this.
  10. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Yeah I read you'd left it behind for a while… It's cool of you to come and show the world how it's done :p
    I didnt think you could use car primers as I would have feared the spray might be too thick, but you just scattered my doubts… Wish I could prime coat at work too !

Crowsfoot likes this.
  11. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Toltecatl likes this.
  12. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

We look forward to your contributions in the painting forum and elsewhere.

Toltecatl likes this.
  13. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Cheers guys! looking forward to contributing as well :) I'll do my best to keep it interesting!