1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all, new player here...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shadowstorm, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Shadowstorm
    Jungle Swarm

Shadowstorm New Member

...to the Seraphon at least.
    Not totally new to Warhammer in general since I've been playing for prob close to 10 years. Always been more of a 40k player; Dark Angel SM mostly but got roughly 1500 to points worth of WHF Dark Elves from late 6th / early 7th ed but amn't really interested in continuing either of those army, dont know why really guess ive just got kinda bored/ worn out with them

Have been looking for a new army for a while now and just like the style/appearance of the seraphon: they ARE Aztec dinos... riding actual dinos who will literally eat you!!! So whats not to like ;)

Prob going to pick up the Xmas bundle to get me started: from a quick read on here everything in its pretty high up the 'best' serpahon units list and with a discount like that its kinda no brainer for a newbie like me. will prob follow that with a start collecting and a slaan but ill post army/build stuff over in the army build/list forum at a later time

Might as well finish with a quick Question:
    Book-wise what do i actually need for a Seraphon army (never played AoS at all btw)
    Obviously AoS rules themselves and the 2018 GHB & the army book, sorry battletome for seraphon but outside that what else, if anything?

2. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

Theoretically you don’t ‘need’ to buy any of the books, however, you are likely to want the GHB 2018 for points values and allegiance abilities and the Battletome will give you the Warscroll battalions along with hopefully enough to fill your fluff requirements for the army. The rules are free online.

Be sure to tap into the vast repositories of knowledge of the many people more experienced at gaming than I am here!

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

@ravagekitteh covered your question pretty well. Let us know if you have any more questions. The Seraphon Tactical forum should help you with the nuts and bolts stuff.

Let us know if you have any other questions about gameplay, fluff, painting, or anything else. We also support 8th edition and older editions, 9th Age, Kings of War, and Blood Bowl.