1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Liamo, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Liamo
    Jungle Swarm

Liamo New Member

Hey everyone, I'm Liam, 21, from South Shields, England (just south of Newcastle and north of Sunderland) and I'm currently on a gap year from Uni before starting to study film and television production in York this September.

I used to be into Warhammer 40,000 some years ago now and last year decided to try my hand at Warhammer when I found a picture of a Skink Priest on Google somehow and remembered the joys I got from this hobby. I was dead set on playing with Lizardmen but, at that time, Vampire Counts had just been released and, with my love of old school horror, thought I'd give them a whirl.

Unfortunately, I got a little carried away and bought a whole load of stuff pretty much straight away and found the huge to-do-pile a bit daunting. I've painted bits and pieces but not a whole lot - although I still plan to - and lost interest for a while. Last month, I noticed that Lizardmen - the very army that recaptured my interest - had been re-released and took the plunge and bought some Saurus and the new book. I've - finally - started putting them together - although someone I asked about them said I should have given them spears, which I haven't - and now that I'm starting to think about how to paint them has brought me here.

A pretty long winded 'hello', I know...

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Hi, welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it here. :)

I think people like to give their saurus spears now because they are cheaper than before and now the back rank gets to attacks as well, so potentially 4 s4 attacks per base, pretty nasty!

3. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Welcome to the site!

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site!

Spears are indeed usually better on saurus, but if you have assembled one unit without them it shouldn't matter too much. When you buy another unit, oyu can always mix the models so both units have the front rank or two with spears to make it clear that you have them, the back ranks aren't as important to have the correct weapons.

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Welcome

6. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Welcome home, lost one ;)

I would prefere spears myself but hand weapons isn't bad either.. If you're looking for painting adwise, this site provides plenty of tips 'n tricks both for a quick paint job to fill out regiments, and some hardcore painting and converting teqnics. Hope you'll find something usefull. Njoy :)

7. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

About your saurus... never fear, spears are an additional weapon and not a replacement for hand weapons. This means you could just attach the spears somehow to your saurus, though you might have to carve them out or find some spare spear bits somewhere. This way you'll be fine if you run into a WYSIWYG situation.

Welcome to the site.

8. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Yes, welcome. If you're looking for a bunch of extra spears, I think the Cold One Cavalry pack comes with a bunch of extra spears. I know I had to bust them out when I made the switch.