1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Hinterlands skirmish campaign

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Crowsfoot, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

If you like AOS or DD you have to try this, try it you won't regret it.

http://www.tga.community/files/file...-campaigns-in-the-mortal-realms-by-sam-james/

Skaven Warband

Skaven warlord 1
    Rat ogor 1
    Clanrats 8

Total 10 models

Seraphon Warband

Skink chief 1
    Skink priest 1
    Skinks 8

Total 10 models

We played Convergence, this is a race to reach the realmstone and finish within 6in of it the warband with the most models wins.

Round 1

I get to go first so I move my skink priest up 14 thanks to the cloak and my 4 skinks run and move up 10, opposite corner my Chief and 4 skinks run 12.

Archie runs with all his Skaven, Warlord and 4 move 12, Rat ogor and 4 move 9.

Round 2

The Rat ogor and 4 rats are in arcane bolt range so I target the Ogor taking 2 wounds (woot) my chief and 4 skinks are too far away to charge so move up 8.

Archie runs with his warlord and 4 rats and he is 6in away from my priest! the Rat ogor group moves up and fails it charge against my priest (woot again)

Round 3

I move the priest and skinks back just far enough to be in range of the Rat ogor, arcane bolt hits again taking a wound (woot) I charge with my chief and 4 skinks! I manage to kill the rat ogor (woot) but lose 2 skinks to his clanrats, the warlord pack charge my priest and kill him outright (boo)

Round 4

I retreat my skinks near the warlord and get in cover and I'm 12in away from the realmstone!
    my chief and 2 skinks retreat and are 14in away from the realmstone!

Archie moves all his models and sits them around the realmstone, damn.

Round 5

This is make or break I have to charge all my models into the clanrats and hope they survive, charrrggggee!!!

I kill one clanrat and luckily for me his warlord is unable to target any of my models he is stuck in the middle of a group, I take the hits from the rats but all fail to wound.

Archie makes his 5th round attacks and kills a skink I fight back killing nothing.

Time to count up the models, Archie has 8 and I have 6 so Archie wins, he rolls for his gold and totals 31 and I get 18.

We count up the experience, the rat ogor gains 2 levels and is awarded 2 weapon skill bonuses and enscrolled armour from the victory, this thing now hits on 3+ and wounds on 2+ and has 4+ save! but he is injured and misses the next battle (woot)

My chief gains a level and wins a weapon skill now hitting on 3+ my priest is injured and now hits on 6+ (damn) and one skink has to sit out.

Gold reserves I have 24 so I buy a Sister of the watch, Archie has 41 gold and saves it he wants to buy another Rat ogor!!

All in all what a fantastic game we had, quick, rewarding and very engaging we loved it and if you try it honestly you will too.

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Sounds awesome! I really need to get this going. When I get a bit of time I think I will start a league for this.

Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

It was loads of fun and fast not only that I got sweaty palms at one point!

I've already concluded I need 3 Sisters of the watch (so I can take a champion) and maybe a bodyguard for my general, Eternity warden or Sunblood, probably Sunblood as he is 50 gold but saying that a Scar vet on cold one is only 50 gold!

Bowser and Aginor like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Nice report. Makes me want to play that as well. But first things first. Got my unfinished AoS army and Silver Tower...

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

haha yah this is what gave me made me want to continue with my primal lizard men. have you joined their facebook group its has some awesome work in there

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

I'm not on facebook and I keep thinking should I bother but unsure.

Bowser likes this.
  7. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

Nice, hopefully he doesn't get too beefy from level up

That is a gross outcome for game 1 of a campaign. Hopefully he ends up with some big injuries later down the line otherwise this guy is going to give you problems

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  8. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Nah i understand for years i keeped off of Facebook. Then i moves to hawaii and was far from family so eith it i was able to keep in contack and show them pictures. Now i have been living in Europe for a few years. It helps since my family needs to.see photos of my son lol. If it was not for my moving around i would still not be on it.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Awesome battle! Sorry you lost, but at least you neutralized the big threat.

And yes, FB sucks. Fortunately you have a Lustria-Online profile :) Post, like, and comment within our walls instead.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Bowser and Aginor like this.
  10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

I know I'm already planning on recruiting something to deal with this threat.

Bowser likes this.
  11. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Oh? I have seen the rules for Hinterlands and am interested, so I'm curious.

What is this 'recruit' you have in mind? Kroxigor?

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  12. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Eternity warden or Oldblood on foot

Bowser, DeadlyRecluse and Carnikang like this.
  13. Crowsfoot
    Slann

You should try it, really good fun and having a warband that levels up just helps you connect with your army, imagine having a Mighty hero skink priest hitting on 2+ with 2+ to wound, oh yes please.

Bowser and Carnikang like this.
  14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Scar-Vet on cold one moght be better to deal with the threat!

15. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Yeah and he is 50 gold so quite cheap for what you get.