1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS How do you split on duality of death with thunderquake?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Jason839, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

So I lost a game in the tournament today playing duality of death against the blight king spam battalion. He went first and ran all his blightkings on the two objectives. I killed 1 side but wasn’t able to get to the 2nd one in time and lost 15-7. How are you supposed to do this scenario with thunderquake?

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

to be honest just take the loss it's a bad senerio for us we just don't have the damage or durability for it. best advise be a one drop army and get to the objectives first

Lizerd, LizardWizard and Jason839 like this.
  3. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

That makes me sad.

4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

sorry it's the downside to playing a out of date battle tome.(even if they are the coolest)

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

oh man, do people get mad when we win with shenanigans though lol... my whole store was in an argument after the meeting engagement tournament this weekend. I won because I teleported to objectives turn one and "lost slowly". opponent always killed more things than I did to get the 2 points, but the objectives were worth 3 so I maintained a lead until the very end lol

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

that why i keep telling new people that we win by dieing strategically

7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Perfectly said.

Lizerd and Erta Wanderer like this.
  8. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I lost two games to OBR yesterday - Three Places of Power and Duality of Death. Looks like Duality of Death is autowin for OBR against seraphon. If you don't have turn 1, it is already game over. You'll find 10 horses (30 wounds, 3+ save, 6+ fnp) on one point and 2x20 motek guard on another one. Scoring is progressive, so even if you can remove one of these threats in two turns, you are still on losing side. And if you have turn 1, then, well, you'll get a couple of points and just removed in a turn or two. I could say "screen with skinks" but Deathriders ridiculously mobile. Heck, they are faster than freaking ripperdactyl. But above all is their catapult, which will just remove the scoring hero in turn 1. Katakros eats your CP, which you could spend to reroll saves from catapult shooting. And 2 failed saves always = death for a hero. On top of it, most of standard ossiarch list is heroes and battleline, so they can score with any unit and each of them is extra durable. Sorry for the rant, but I hate this feel of not being able to do anything. By the turn 5 he only left with 10 riders and 20 mortek (thanks to hysh and its Banishment. If only I didn't roll double 1's for it twice) and I lost only 3 knights and a single razordon. But the final score was 14-2 in his favor. Usually this is what happened with me - nothing survived but I lead in points.

Tbh, I don't think, that plans like this one or total commitment should exists. GW wants to force more flexible lists through different mission coniditions, I suppose, but it ends up only favouring armies, which already has suitable armies composition.

9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I mean.... we cant bitch about battleplans, our mobility and spam make it so we usually are the frustrating army to fight against. some plans just aren't good and I realize that... but the mentality of most miniature players is "fight the enemy" and we just don't do that... at all lol

Nart likes this.