1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS How to Kill a Carno?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Jamie Searle, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Jamie Searle
    Saurus

Jamie Searle Member

Hey all, I got a couple of small games in yesterday. My Seraphon against the starter set Bloodbound. Great games, we played one 'Battle Line' and one mission. :)

Both games were close, apart from my Carnosaur. It killed everything it touched, and only took four wounds over both games. Are they that tough? Are the statter set Bloodbound just uniquely unable to deal with them or was it just luck/bad tactics?

Here are the two match-ups:
    Battle line
    [​IMG]
    Ambush at the Cursed Temple Battleplan
    [​IMG]

Also what would you add to the Bloodbound, and for that matter the Stormcast from the box to deal with a Carnosaur next time?

Here are a couple if shots, we fought around a small village on Charon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bowser likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

A unit of wrathmongers should be the end of the carnosaur (if I recall correctly, they are the ones that can force you to attack yourself, every time you kill in cc one of them )

Jamie Searle likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Seraphon are the nemesis of Chaos so they can struggle and with no magic it makes tactics more important.

Your friend needs Skarbrand

dwarfepic and Jamie Searle like this.
  4. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Skarbrand is a great Monster Hunter, yeah. Don't forget that the Bloodsecrator's Portal of Skulls gives an extra attack to all Khorne units in range, including Skarbrand. This gives him two attacks with Carnage, allowing for 16 Wounds with Total Carnage.

The Mighty Lord also has a good shot at bringing him down with that Reality Splitting Axe and a bit of luck. A Skullgrinder's also a good choice, it hits very hard and it gives an amazing buff to all nearby units if it kills a hero or monster.

Bowser, Crowsfoot and Jamie Searle like this.