1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The winners of the Golden Serpent 2016 competition has been announced! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have added a section to discuss Kings of War and the new race Salamanders that is currently in beta. Feel free to discuss anything about Kings of War in these forums. Click here to check it out and post!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. AOS Campaign Warband competition is here! Aid the community by Giving us your ideas! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial How to sculpt lizardmen: Second (TEST) video on youtube!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Rikard, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Yep, the video series looks promising. Please more!

The ending was the best :smug:

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Skink Priest

Bowser Well-Known Member

Audio wasn't terrible, but a new mic and a light box would definitely help, ot only gets better from here!

3. Bracnos
    Terradon

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Awesome yes looking forward to more

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

great first video. :D

Ps. :shifty:
    [​IMG]

5. Essmir
    Cold One

Essmir Active Member

A big thumb up for the video, altho it was quite afull but I think it can be easily fixed. First fix the focus get your hands on a camera that have manual focus(it does even exists apps for it) and altho not as important make a deeper depth of field so all is clear. Getting a backdrop is also good.
    A mic can be good but mostly it's practise you need sittning talking to your self feels wierd in the beginning and you can hear that.
    Disclamer: all of the abowe is meant to be healpfull and i totaly endorse your progect.

Jorgik and n810 like this.
  6. Rikard
    Bastiladon

Rikard Well-Known Member

I promise more mistakes and "sod it!"s

Like I said, I definitely need to sort out a good mic, I may even film first and narrate later (things to try), as well as doing time capture (frame by frame)

Thank you! It means a lot. :)

As subtle as ever I see. :p

Not at all, it's all down to this sort of help that I would like to make this series as instructive as possible. :)

I have had a play around with the settings and have FINALLY found the mic volume and all the manual/auto functions (including the focus :rage:).

Essmir, Jorgik, n810 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rikard
    Bastiladon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Got a second video on the way! (it's still uploading).

Just under 12 minutes, a lot learned still from this one, I hope no-one minds but I was thinking of taking a bit longer between this video and the next one as I really want to get some more time in practicing filming so you can actually see what my hands are doing (not to mention finding my go pro).

Check back soon for the video (I will edit this post when I have a link for it).

EDIT: Here it is.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    cwood92, Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  8. Bowser
    Skink Priest

Bowser Well-Known Member

Informative and entertaining! I want more! But I won't be offended if you take the time off to practice filming until you have a product you're happy with. But I am definitely going to have this playing next time I am working with green stuff.

Jorgik likes this.
  9. Rikard
    Bastiladon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Thanks Bowser!

What I REALLY want to achieve is to get something where I can have my hands in shot sculpting as I go (without having to lean in, or reach round anything AND make sure the lighting stays consistent). I think the biggest difficulty is trying to zoom in to pick up all the detail (something I find I can't really get, even with 1080HD) and have enough room for my hands to show what I'm doing in the shot.

Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  10. Bowser
    Skink Priest

Bowser Well-Known Member

Have you thought of using an overhead mirror like a cooking class? The camera can get closer to the mirror, and you just have to worry about keeping your hands in the mirror field of vision. Something on a stand at a 45 ° angle should work.

Rikard and Jorgik like this.
  11. neveroddoreven
    Cold One

neveroddoreven Well-Known Member

That's the same bunch of problems I was having when I tried making tutorial videos, 1080 and all.

That's a nifty idea, I might give that a go.

Rikard, n810 and Bowser like this.
  12. Bowser
    Skink Priest

Bowser Well-Known Member

Used to work in a grocery store that ran cooking classes to sell different products and they had a mirrors on legs above the countertop specifically so people could see what the instructor was doing with her hands. So I figured same principle may apply!

Jorgik likes this.