1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i bought a wrong battalion for my second army...

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by mocell, Aug 17, 2010.

1. mocell
    Skink

mocell New Member

dear warhammerians,

i have been playing lizardmen. since they are one of the forces of order, i wanna play something evil for my second army. so i headed to the store and took beastmen. short story, i was browsing yesterday for top tier-low tier army in 8th edition and found that beastmen is not that good (the stats and looks). i did not know why on earth did i buy the battalion for 71,25 euros (it is the cheapest compared to 80 the other armies and 85 for empire and skaven). gosh, what was i thinking...

now, since my bday is coming up, i wanna buy the right one. it has to be force of destruction. what would you recommend and why? here is my consideration:
    1. relatively easy to paint
    2. nice and solid looking army
    3. many choices of strategies
    4. strong in 8th edition (although enjoyable is also an important factor)
    not much eh? i was thinking of getting WoC... the new daemon prince is one sick looking model... thinking about him leading the army is yummy...

-mocell-

2. ericb
    Skink

ericb New Member

I was always partial to Skaven, and with the new new starter kit coming out on the 4th, you can get a lot more bang for your buck. (Dice, rulebook, high elves minis, etc)

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

You could also probably find someone to trade your HE (from the boxed set) to for their skaven.

4. mocell
    Skink

mocell New Member

yeah, but skaven takes a lot of painting. now, i dont hate painting but i really wanna have painted miniatures ASAP for gaming. the island of blood is also tempting since it has some exclusive models. hmmmm...

5. ericb
    Skink

ericb New Member

Well, if you're not to concerned about details, but rather you just want some color on the table, I would suggest dipping. I've seen more than a few examples of dipping where with just some base colors and a dip, the model looks pretty damn nice.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy, I imagine a Dark Elves army might suit you. They seem relatively easy to paint.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd probably look at either Dark Elves or Warriors, both shouldn't be too bad to paint and are fairly elite armies so there won't be tonnes and tonnes of models.

7. mocell
    Skink

mocell New Member

thanks guys for the comments. i think i will take dark elves for its corsairs :)

-m-