1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS I lost a match against chaos again, but it was very enlightening (battle list)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

EDIT: I accidently made two posts, but I could not delete this first one. So by suggestion of Pendrake I will list the army I fielded and the one I lost with here.

My army was just a experimental one, and I wanted to tank with my Bastiladon, while the other chariots would be behind me. Unfortunately I got too focused on his hell canon, and split my army and didn't properly pull back. This is the army I used:

Celestial Hurricanum: 320
    Luminark of Hysh: 220
    Heavenwatch starhost: 100
    Skink starseer: 160 (general)
    Skink priest with trappings x 2: 200
    Bastiladon x2: 600
    2 units of 10 skinks (javelin): 160
    Unit of 30 Skink (blowpipe): 240

His army was the one I also fought in my first match: 30 bloodletters, lots of chaos warriors with no armor but with 5 attacks, warshrine, Hellcanon, heroes that buffed them all. I don't know the name of the formation, but it was strong.

I underestimated his warriors (big mistake) and should have pulled back and maybe ignored his hellcanon?

My idea is now to just spend 120 points on 5 chameleon skinks and hopefully they will be able to take down 3 wound 5+ defense little dwarves with 10 attacks of 3+ hit and 4+ wound?

I had a rematch again against the chaos army with a different build, this time with some skinks in front with 2 Bastiladons behind, and with a celestial hurricanum and luminark for fun. He tore through my defences and killed all my units around the Bastiladon, but it was very enlightening.

He said I could have easily defeated him, but I was too focused on taking down his hell canon. I didn't properly move back, and sadly split. He was right in that, though the reason I went after his hell canon was because I had my skink Starseer who gave the buff from the heavenwatch starhost, and I would have a disadvantage if he died.

I liked the idea of the luminark and celestial Hurricanum, but I will keep those for my Bloodclaw army idea I think. He's right though that I could have won with my heavenwatch army with skinks battlelines with two Bastiladon and luminark + Hurricanum. But I feel that I should try to go for an army with a stronger battleline.

And this time with chameleon skinks, which I will use to kill his 3 5+ defense dwarves on his hell canon! Plus I'd love to use them :) But with 3+ hit and 4+ wound, will 5 be enough for those 3 pesky dwarves? Or will I need 10? Based on that, I have three more balanced armies in mind, and wanted to hear what people though might be good combinations?

A) Balanced army Eternal

Unit of 5 chameleon skinks= 120

Eternal Starhost= 80
    Eternity Warden= 140 (rend item)
    15 guards (3 units)= 300

Heavenwatch= 100
    Starseer=160 (general/defense/heal)
    Bastiladon Lazer= 300
    Bastiladon Lazer=300
    Bastiladon Lazer= 300
    Skink priest= 100 (-1 op melee aanv)
    Skink priest= 100

This army has a higher chance your chameos won't be able to take out your prime target, but I'll have the eternal Starhost and the best battlelines

B) Balanced army Assassin

Unit of 10 chameleon skinks= 240

20 guards (3 units)= 400

Heavenwatch= 100
    Bastiladon Lazer= 300
    Bastiladon Lazer=300
    Bastiladon Lazer= 300
    Skink priest= 100 (-1 op melee hit)
    Skink priest= 100

You won't get the Eternal Starhost bonusses, nor those of the eternity warden, but you will have 20 3+ Save guards with rerolls (10 of those 2+ Save if the starseer casts mythic shield) with still 3 Bastiladons. And 20 attacks with your chameleon Skinks).

C) Balanced army Eternal Assassin

Unit of 10 chameleon skinks= 240

Eternal Starhost= 80
    Eternity Warden= 140 (rend item)
    15 guards (3 units)= 300

Heavenwatch= 100
    Stegadon= 260
    Stegadon= 260
    Stegadon= 260
    Skink priest= 100 (-1 op melee aanv)
    Skink priest= 100

This one has both the Eternal Starhost as well as the 10 Chameo skinks. But Stegadon instead of Bastiladon. Meaning far less tanky monsters and with a weaker ranged attack.

Which of these 3 sounds the safest/strongest route to take?

Also, why aren't chameleon skinks part of the Heavenwatch starhost? O.O

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Bowser likes this.