1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS I want to build the best 1k Seraphon army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Yipsnake, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Yipsnake
    Jungle Swarm

Yipsnake New Member

Hey! About to make a brand new AOS army after leaving moonclan grots due to their weak power level. Can someone help me out with an army? I'm thinking of using Guard as the battleline, but to do that I will need to commit to the Seraphon allegiance, and loose out on the Order allegiance abilities due to the wording on the allegiance rule in the generals handbook. I've seen lists with the hurricanum using Saurus Guard as battleline?
    I really like the idea of skinks (aesthetic wise) But if they're not competitive, i'm not going to use them.
    The slann are badass looking as well, but it seems like a starpriest and a regular skink priest would work better competitive wise? (220 points for both) (240 for slann)
    Lastly, do you think I could easily convert saurus warriors into temple guard? They look exactly the same to me :s

Bowser likes this.
  2. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

I would probably go with warriors instead of guard. Guard are very glass cannon and although they have potential to be throwing 2+ saves they still have only one wound each. This also means that guard melt when confronted with spells or anything that spits out mortal wounds. Warriors have the same single wound but you can take way more for the same points. In order to play a guard based army you need to A) be very careful not to over extend and spread yourself too thin and B) Make sure that you don't put yourself in a position where your guard will take heavy amounts of mortal wounds.
    The slann are fun, but seriously nerfed since GHB came out. Not being able to summon makes them a little overcoats for what they do. The priests however are all amazing in their own ways, and work even better together.
    Skinks have the potential to be so gross if you're facing the right army. Super useful for facing slow moving, multiwound, melee models like ogors. I've watched a unit of 30 skinks table a 1500pt ogor army just by walking backwards and shooting, with the ogors unable to keep up with the faster skinks they were slowly chipped away by their boltspitters and battleshock. The big problem most people have with them is when theyre confronted with fast moving, far charging or models with good ranged attacks, basically anything that can continuously make it into melee or can bridge the distance will seriously put a hurting on your skinks. In order to play skinks you need to be very cautious and plan your moves turns ahead as once something piles in you're almost guaranteed to lose a handful.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

4. Lachlin
    Cold One

Lachlin Well-Known Member

Aginor, Ritual, Seraphage and 2 others like this.