1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea for a new subforum

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by strewart, May 23, 2011.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hey all, I have an idea for a new painting subforum to compliment the army logs, or maybe even a subforum of the army logs. How about we have a Completed Army Showcase? This would be for if you already have an army list completed and want somewhere to put the entire army, so you should only start a thread in the area if your army is already complete. This would give the logs a goal to strive for and hopefully provide some great inspiration for everyone else and a place for you to proudly display your army.

As a bare minimum a thread should contain an army list (any size), full army photo, and individual photos of each army. On top of that, people could choose to add fluff for each character/unit, extra photos, shots of the army in battle etc.

What do you think? Good idea or not? I'm not going to make it unless there is decent support for it and at least 3-4 people who can pledge to make a thread in the area off the bat.

2. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

I would join if it was an ongoing process to finish the list?

But if so I would join :)

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Sounds great, I think it'd be good for inspiration

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Well I supose a few of us have a fully painted army... :depressed:

5. strewart
    OldBlood

I guess the current painting logs forum is there for ongoing processes... Its title and use would be modified a bit to reflect that it was in progress armies, but the new forum would have to be only completed ones, a showcase.

Remember that the list can be any size though, so if you have 1800 points painted up you could make a 1000 or 1500 point army list out of it and make photos. One other optional addition to the thread that I forgot to mention; a brief description of the tactics for the army and how it works. This section of the board really would be a place for people of all experience levels to look and find inspiration, ideas on how the LM work, what people have done with the models, how they are being used etc.

6. Didymus
    Chameleon Skink

Didymus Active Member

That would be cool. Kind of like in White Dwarf when players show their army and list, with inspiration, tactics, fluff,...

7. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

good idea strewart, definitely something to get people motivated to complete painting an army.

Would it just be for LM though or can we put any other fantasy/40K armies in there as well? (once painted of course)

8. strewart
    OldBlood

Well I'd lean towards mostly LM since this is a LM forum, but in the intereest of increasing activity sure any army could have a spot. I haven't really pursued the idea because it hasn't seemed like there is a lot of interest yet.

9. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Well, for the sake of having a large painted army, I have over 4,000 points of fully painted Bretonians. I can scale down an army list and provide a pic of it if you wanted.

10. strewart
    OldBlood

That would be a very nice start. It doesn't matter what size army it is by the way, although for tactics it would help if you had played it at 4k. :p

I think I will go ahead and make this subforum, hopefully with a few early entries it will encourage more people to complete a workable army to include.

I'll try to get it going sometime over the weekend.

11. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

I enjoy making "di-o-ramas" of my models. I do have a nicely painted GW Castle that I can add to my Bret army pic. It was brushed with glue, then sprinkled sand on it and then painted over that for added texture. Looks cool imo. How soon would you like the pic and list?

12. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Oy Vay! Never mind. lol. Im tired. I'll post them after you get the sub-forum up. :)