1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idea for tactic board.

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Walgis, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

i think the tactic place should need few sub-categorys. that is each sub-category for each race. in this way it would be alot easier to find needed info on how to fight our opponents. now its to hard to find info how to fight specifick race.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I've seen forums like that, and it definitely has merit, in fact I suspect it was even suggested here at some point. Personally I find it usually ended up with lots of sub-forums all basically dead with n activity, and having to sort through too many forums to find new topics to read. I would instead be in favour of making a sticky (or using the one we currently have) to give links to vs. specific armies so they are easy to find rather than making 10 or so subforums. Thats just my opinion though.

3. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

indexes == good

lots of dead forums == bad

4. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

I can say that this idea is worth consideration. If the site was bigger and had those types of discussions going on in large amounts all the time. I've thought about putting together some kind of index with all the different armies listed as this could be very usefull in conjunction with the tactica. But like the above to gents, I don't think we have enough activity to warrant subforums for each individualt list.

5. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Yep, I'm pro-tactica all the time.
    A respectable site needs to have army-specific tactics. Other big site's also have it (Bugmans, Druchii, Asrai) and they work great. You just have to find the right people and/or HAVE the right people in your forum already.

You see the individual unit tactics slowly coming together. So why not army-specific?
    Is it possible to do a test-run maybe? Like, the army of the month.
    It is very surely something for the long(er) run, and I will most definetaly participate (If my tentams are over :p).

The Hunted

6. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

The other thing that would could do is have someone that knows another specific race right a tactica on them. That way we could have somewhere for players to go if they needed help. Not a specific forum just a thread.

7. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

well i dont see the problem if they were dead as long as they had usefull information for beginners. you just need too see better players thoughts and no need to discuss it.

8. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

I'm not against army specific tacticas - fill your boots. But I'm not making a new sub-forum for every race, you'll have to link them in sticky index threads.

9. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

No new sub-forum needed. Just threads in the tactic section. But I also feel that we might overflow that part of the forum if we make 12 new (hot) topics in there.
    On top of that, I also think we need some more prep work.
    -What do we want?
    -How do we want it to look?
    -Discussion type? or 'throw-in-you-idea' type?

Will it always be open to new discussion/posts? etc.

Since this is the right part to do it, let's get it started.

The Hunted

10. stubacca3291
    Skink

stubacca3291 New Member

Right now I would love one on the Warriors of Chaos, I have no idea how to fight them, but I am expecting them to be magic heavy.

11. strewart
    OldBlood

I quite like that idea actually. Cover a different army each month with a dedicated thread, add links to other useful threads, then begin making another index thread. As long as it kept up momentum after the first couple.

12. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

I think that is the crucial part. May I suggest we start on 1st of April (no joke...)?
    With what army?
    Latest? ' hardest?' Most requested?
    and: discusion type, or throw-in-idea type?
    Long, short?

The Hunted

13. strewart
    OldBlood

I'm happy with an april start. Pretty flexible with which army and how to structure it. I'd be tempted to start with one of the harder ones and more popular. Maybe one of the elf types, skaven or daemons?

Unless you have one person writing a fair bit to start with which would be hard to do on a monthly schedule, I am suggesting a more discussion type things with the first post being updated to contain strengths and weaknesses of the army, biggest thing to look out for, best thing to take/do. After that discussions can go more general for the army and how to handle it, but it could really start any way. If you want to start a topic for april just pick whichever army you want to do, or I will get one going but I have a 'friendly' gaming group and tend not to face powered up armies so may not have first hand experience with things like daemons and such. I do face Dark Elves and Skaven though.

14. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Great!

I don't face that many different opponents, but I read all across the web from all sites. So I tend to know stuff :rolleyes:
    I'm pretty willing to make a first go at it. But in my case, it'll be a long post.
    Good elements of army X, bad elements. How to counter them. What to watch out for,
    some example lists. Stuff like that.
    The only thing I (personally) don't quite fancy is updating it regularly. We'll just have to see how it works out!

I'd say, April 1st. I make a new topic on Dark Elves. I go over the army in total and specific elements. Tips and tricks, the whole lot. Then the 'main' discussion starts and I update the forums opinion into my own post. Everybody can join in and give their opinion/experiences on the 'army of the month' and other people can learn from that.
    We do need an index for that after the 1st one, to keep things organised. Maybe that's a task you're willing to do? :artist:

How's that for a deal?

The Hunted

15. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I can definitely provide lots of help/write an article. I am getting in a couple of games a week, and I have done a fair bit of playing against Wood Elves and other races. I am fairly experienced, so I can provide a lot of assistance.

16. strewart
    OldBlood

Well you've seen how well I've done with the first index... lol. This one should be a bit easier though, I will definitely set it up and sticky it then see how we go.

17. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

I'm working on it, don't worry. It will try to post it this evening.

The Hunted

18. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Ok, so yesterday I got busy and thus; I failed to post it.
    I have only 1 'chapter' to do. And I'll try to finish it+post it today, although as the situation stands right now,
    it's going to be close.
    Tomorrow it's going to be online no matter what (unless I land up in the hospital :jawdrop:), just to keep you informed. And to keep your blood pressure down ;)

The Hunted

Edit:
    It is done! It sits in the tactics section of the Forum.
    Army of the Month: Dark Elves

I have also made 3 'reserve' posts, in order to edit stuff back in later on, whilst keeping a neat overview of it all.
    Strewart, I'm handing the ball back to you. Indexing is more of a job for the moderators ;)

19. strewart
    OldBlood

I shall create an index thread right now, after I read through the DE thread. Looks like it has a lot of replies already.

20. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

Re: Army of the Month: Dark Elves

I'm a member on anothe forum called Asrai.org used for Wood Elves (yeah, yeah...boo, hiss!) but there they have a very informative section called a LEAF. Here they have a few dedicated authors whom post articles just like this one. It's designed to give reades a very well put together and thoroughly thought out set of tactical lessons and rules. They regulated the part of the forum pretty heavily and new articles would come about once a month or so.

I humbly suggest that the moderators perhaps look into this. Once again, very humbly :)