1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Ideas for 2000p Defencive list against WOC

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Swuba, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Swuba
    Jungle Swarm

Swuba New Member

So i have few ideas, but i tought that here i could find the best list, so if u have ideas please tell me.

2. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

Hello there.

I'm just going to state a few things that might help, though these are not army lists (yet).

If you want people to help you make a list, you will probably get more response if you give us the idea you got for the list. This way people can give you tips and help you figure out how to optimize your created list. I don't think a lot of people here will just give you a 2000pts list to use vs Chaos. They rather help you make your army then create it for you from scratch.

Secondly. This is not always the case, bit any information you can give us, helps us helping you. In this case you know it is vs warriorsvof Chaos and you want a defensive list. Do you perhaps know what kind of list you will be facing? Chaos has a big variety of lists they can put together... a lot of chariots, a lot of warriors, a lot of magic, etc... If you have any idea that would help the people of this site give you more information.

I only posted this to help you ;).

Cheers! :)

3. Swuba
    Jungle Swarm

Swuba New Member

Ok thanks! That helped alot. So i was thinking about lots of saurus warriors and few skinks for firepower, and of course a bastiladon.
    No cavarly cos im not goong to attack or charge.

4. Swuba
    Jungle Swarm

Swuba New Member

I do these quick lists in my head this is what i think they might cost: Oldblood 250p 2 units of saurus 2x18 500p 2x12 skinks 200p bastiladon 150p 3xKroxigor 150p 2x stegadons 430p Skink priest 125-150p 3x ripperdactyl unit 130p

5. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Try reading some other posts how people post their lists, and please read the forum rules. NEVER post individual point values, even if you are not sure of them. With that i mean for example the individual point values of say a single Bastiladon, you risk to be banned because you are breaking GW copyright for posting these values online. The points values are also not relevant, they are known on the forum, just give us the total. I cannot really say anything about the list until you make a solid effort, we do not really write entire lists for people here, we give advice on finished lists.

6. protector
    Temple Guard

protector Active Member

If you really are going defensive then you should drop the kroxigors and ripperdactyls add those points to your saurus warrior blocks so you can field a block of 40 and a block of 30, this will give you an incredibly solid center so that your monsters can get flank charges and allow your characters more options.

skink chief likes this.
  7. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

The only defensive lists I can think of will indeed requir big blocks of infantry, good magic, skirmishers to redirect and keep a lot of his things occupied and when he does reach you, some hardcore flankers like the steggies :)