1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Ideas so far for my Short story: The Thunderlizard and the Priest

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Sudsinabucket, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190927-153604_Chrome.jpg This is in the early stages and I have a lot of ideas flowing through my head. Below are my concrete, I know are going to be in the story, I will update this post as I get more ideas/start writing

A short story - The Thunderlizard and the Priest. This story will help explain how my star priest may control a Thunderlizard (will be coming up with a new species name for reasons below) in my fluff

Takes place In Texcoco and the Dragon Isles, 2000 years before Acattopa would head to Quetza with Itzli

Itzli-Caitlalli gifted in both the magics of beasts and the heavens is sent on a journey to the Dragon Isles by Acattopa at the rumor of a Thunderlizard laying eggs, which only happens once every 1000 years and most are usually destroyed by other fauna of the islands.

Itzli finds an egg intact (the last one, 2 feet in length and weighing 30 lbs.) When it hatches, Itzli closely watches the newborn Thunderlizard and names it Tlanextic which means The Light of Dawn, a fitting name for the largest beat of war of Texcoco’s army.

The priest raises Tlanextic from birth who differs from her Lustrian Thunderlizard cousins. Though slightly smaller, the Dragon Isle thunderlizards have great spikes pertrouding from their necks that point forward, deterring would be predators and allowing for a sweeping neck attack with more protection and damage. They also have hard scaly skin like the Stegadon, with small spikes pointing outwards over their back and half way down their side, their tail also has 4 massive spikes that is used to defend against Dread Saurians. They are also slightly more intelligent allowing them to be trained to a degree.

Itzli hopes this will prove he is worthy of being a Star Seer (highest rank of a skink priest, yes?), as his magical proficiency surpasses most other priests, even some spawned to be a seer

What I am basing my Dragon Isle Thunderlizard off loosley of is the Bajadasaurus pronuspinax of Patagonia

GW left out many details of the Thunderlizard, so I am taking the liberty to expand it a bit

Any thoughts welcome!