1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Ideas vs wanderers

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Michael hayes, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Michael hayes
    Jungle Swarm

Michael hayes New Member

So im relativly new to aos. My buddy runs a wanderers/sylvaneth army but is very archer heavy. At 1000 points is a firelance worth it to close the diatance quickly?

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

It would depend on the make up of his army. If he has a bunch of Dryads hiding in trees then Saurus Knights will offer little aid. Knight are notoriously awful in any prolonged engagement. You might be better off running Ripperdactyles Riders in a Shadowstrike Starhost. Shadowstrike Starhost is the only Battalion I run for Seraphon at only 1k pts.

I assume the archers you are facing would be Glade Guard. Seeing as they have a 6+ save I would simply apply counter fire. Skinks in units of 40 with a Saurus Astrolith Bearer providing the Proud Deffience buff for rerolls should be pretty effective. You could also pepper them with Razordons. Point for damage you are better off with Razordons, but I would frankly run both.

If you are looking for a hard counter then I would consider Chameleon Skinks. You can make use of Chameleon Ambush to deploy them within the 3" range of the Glade Guard to rob them of their +1 to hit from Peerless Archer. If you are able to be in cover your Chameleon Skinks will also gain a 3+ save from Perfect Mimicry allowing you to outlast his 6+ save while also dealing more damage.

Should you army be built around a single large unit then I also recommend taking a Skink Starpriest. Being able to give your unit a -1 to enemy targeting hits through the Summon Starlight spell will turn his 4+ hits into 5+ and greatly weaken his shooting. This would also be effective if he is running a max unit of Glade Guard, as you could simply target them with Summon Starlight instead.

I hope this was helpful.

MackiMac likes this.
  3. Michael hayes
    Jungle Swarm

Michael hayes New Member

No this helps alot thank you