1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ides of Sotek results!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Lord-Marcus, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Well folks. It's been a journey. I am happy to have made it happen for all of you. The poll is closed, the votes are in, and the results are:

Screenshot_20180422-105937.png
    1rst place: @Hojdar

2nd place: @GrDemon

3rd place: @Teve Torbes

Each of you wins a coveted Ides of sotek medallion. In gold, silver, and bronze respectively.

You also in a small bag of texture material of your choice. Please send me a conversation with your choice of texture as well as your shipping address. If you are outside the US there may be a little bit of talking that needs to be done but otherwise congratulations!

As to those who did not win but did enter if you're not! You all get 10% off any order that you place or text your material or otherwise.

Finally look out for the Monster Mash contest coming in the next week or two!

2. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winners and good job to all participants!

Nefertem and Lord-Marcus like this.
  3. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Cageyblood Well-Known Member

Well done everyone who threw their hat in the ring and a well deserved kudos to the winners. Beyond pumped for the next contest now that I’m here to participate in it!

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  4. GrDemon
    Saurus

GrDemon Active Member

Thank you @Lord-Marcus for hosting this competition! I really enjoyed it.

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Well done to everyone that took part.

Monster Mash.... I might have something for that.

6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

nooooooo, so close.

By the way, for the next contest I'd suggest a different voting scheme, provided the forum actually allows for it. There's rather massive a gap between 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4, more so than I feel is fair. A different voting scheme might make it a closer (and fairer) race, especially for the middle of the pack.

Personally I'd prefer giving each one points out of X for various categories, say painting, colour scheme, conversion that sorta stuff.

Or another simple one could be to just rank em from top to bottom, first then gets 5 points, second 4, and so on till the last one gets 1 point.

Also, get them to put this thread on the banner again, I nearly missed the results now :p

7. Hojdar
    Cold One

Hojdar Active Member

Thank for a great contest and thanks for all the votes! :D

How to do the voting is always tricky, and people always value things differently such as the skill of the painting, conversion done or even just which looks cool or not. I did like that we got two votes so I could at least give a vote to two different kinds of great work. Don't know how to make it more fair for everyone involved so people don't get discouraged, but maybe have one price given to a random entry so that everyone has a chance to win something, even if you entered your daughters daycare project?

Could maybe for next time have it split between first time entries and people who entered before? Or maybe previous top-3 in a separate group at some point.

Also Monster-Mash sounds... intriguing :hungry:

Canas likes this.
  8. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

@Teve Torbes please message me about your shipping info

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Congrats to all the winners (the two entries I voted for won first and second! :cool:) and to everyone who entered! Great work by everyone!

THANKS TO @Lord-Marcus FOR PUTTING ON SUCH A GREAT EVENT!

10. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I appreciate the compliment. More is to come.

Croco Guard likes this.