1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS I'm new to AoS, require cold blooded assistance!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by NoSkillOldBlood, Mar 16, 2019.

1. NoSkillOldBlood
    Skink

NoSkillOldBlood New Member

Hey, so I've only been playing Aos for a few months and a month from now i'll be playing in my first Vanguard Tournament. The objective for the tournament is we each have 1 OBJ in our starting territory and we have to take our opponents to win the game.

My current army list idea is:
    - Slann Starmaster
    - Bastilodon w/ solar engine
    - 40x skins with boltspitters and moonstone clubs
    and 20x saurus warriors with clubs
    Basic plan is to have a solid line of defense with the potential for reinforcements from celestial conjuration and the offensive ability to teleport 40 bloody skins around the map to take the enemy OBJ with sheer numbers.

As i said i'm new, my total army numbers about 2200 points but im missing key things like Kroak or an EotG.

Any advice on my current idea or a new strategy would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!

You plan should work fairly well. Ripperdactyls and Terradons are some of our stronger offensive units. If you own then I would look to summon them early.

An EotGs should probably be your next investment. I would wait on getting Kroak until you have built your army up more.

NoSkillOldBlood likes this.
  3. NoSkillOldBlood
    Skink

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    And thanks for the tips.

Would you say it'd be better to sacrifice the thicc heavy hitter Bastilodon to instead start with a few units of rippers?

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Torxhol Drakescale
    Saurus

Torxhol Drakescale Active Member

The Basti is a solid choice as it can be pretty devastating, but it's biggest issue is unreliability, having as little as 2, or as many as 12 attacks, and for the size of the saurus unit, I might suggest spears over clubs so more of your lizards can stab things.

5. NoSkillOldBlood
    Skink

Solid idea on the saurus spears, though I only have 10 spear saurus' but it may well be worth having two separate units with 10 of each. Cheers for the reply

6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I would think about it for sure. I like Razordons more than Bastiladons in every way. The only time I bring Bastiladons is when I run Thunderquake Starhost.

Here is the list I run for 1k events: