1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS It’s been a while: what do I need?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Clarkarias, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Clarkarias
    Skink

Clarkarias Member

Hi all,
    I haven’t played a game of warhammer since the Warhammer World was destroyed but I’m looking to paint us some of the lizards I have in my box and start playing a few games again.

- What size round bases does each model need? (This one is important as I’ll need to buy a LOT of bases)
    - what is a good start for a competitive army? (Say 3 or 4 must have units).
    - have they finally made Saurus worth taking over skinks?
    - link to best AOS tactics summary or videos?

I plan on going through some bat reps and other links on here but if anyone has other ideas I’d appreciate the help.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Base sizes can be found in the core rules FAQ, here:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

Must have units in my opinion:
    Slann, Astrolith Bearer, Starpriest, Bastiladon.

Saurus armies are not bad. I am a Skink fan personally, but you can build good lists with Saurus as well. Sunclaw Starhost for example. All you need is a Saurus Sunblood and 60+ Saurus Warriors.

We are in the lucky situation that we have a good amount of units to choose from and our buffs and synergies actually work pretty fine compared to many other armies. You can make a lot of different lists and tactics work with our army.
    So a good starting point is to ask yourself: what play style do you like, and what units do you like. Then we can work from there. :)

TheCrux and Crowsfoot like this.