1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've just teleported into this realm!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Freddy25, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

Lately I've been reading a lot among the posts of your website...
    ... and I have to admit I find Lustria Online really amazing! :woot:

I wanted to join your party cause, as you may guess, I'm just a normal guy like you (with a weird fetish for GW miniatures and bipedal lizards) which has finally found a place where people discuss politely about the characters and games they love, without fanboysm and insults.
    That's an amazing thing! :joyful:

Just a bit about me:
    - I've always been loving Warhammer and its lore, but I've never been able to transform my interest into a constant hobby. For years I've been collecting some occasional models, and I've played a ridiculously small number of matches, but the recent release of Age of Sigmar has given me a new hope! ;)
    - I'm Italian, and I'm not used to forums, so I hope I don't make a mess while browsing your posts...
    oh, and if I write something wrong (especially grammatically speaking) be patient wit me! :hungover:

See you soon, guys!
    Congrats for the amazing community you are and this marvelous forum!

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for the compliments to our lovely forum.

Your grasp seems to be quite better. Better than my ability to write in German or Old Ones forbid Spanish.

Let us know if you have any specific questions about painting, modeling, stories, game play, or rules.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to Lustria. Enjoy the site! :)

4. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Thank you both,
    I'm happy to finally give my (small) contribute to this site! :happy:

Yeah, just a couple of question:

- I've noticed this old topic:
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/forum-closing.12163/
    and I want to ask you how this site is going now.
    I mean, now it seems the community has solved all the eventual problems, but I might be wrong, and it would be
    really sad to see Lustria Online go through difficulties again! :sorry:

- Is there a list or a page where I can find all the actual members of the moderator team?
    Apart from this thread ( http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/new-moderators.13961/ ) I wasn't able to find
    any other information.
    By the way, I'm not aiming at stalking or persecute anybody :hilarious: but it was just out of curiosity,
    and it might be handy in case I had some troubles with the site (because of my incredible noob-ness, of course) :confused:.

Thanks again for your help!

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The post you mentioned is over two years old. Since then @The Red Devil took over site management from Sammy the Squib. We are not in any danger of shutting down. The forum has upgraded it's software considerably. We have lots of new members. While the Age of Sigmar created a schism which caused some forumites to leave, we bounced back. Now we have a general hobby, 8th ed, and AoS section. Eventually we will add a Kings of War section, possibly a 9th Age section too.

No one, Red Devil included, has given any indication that Lustria-Online is struggling. We expect to keep the forum going for many years to come.

Our complete list of staff can be found here though Lord Cedric and Sammy the Squib have basically retired.

The Red Devil is the big man. If you got a minor issue and need moderator assistance, @Qupakoco and myself are generally the staff members online the most often.

6. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Nice to hear such good news! :happy:
    I wish all the best to this site.

Thank you a lot (for the last time today :p) for your kindness and disposability.

See you in other threads, @Scalenex!

Freddy25

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome to Lustria. :D

Ps. Your English is better than an random American Teenagers English. ;)

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, you will find me mostly in the painting section and I love seeing new members adding their models, if you have any questions regarding painting etc don't be shy and ask away.

9. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Thank you all!

I'll soon post something in the painting section (I think), for the joy of @Crowsfoot :D :
    I'm working on a kitbash made using an old metal Chakax, with some additional parts taken from
    the really old metal Stegadon, the box of plastic Saurus(es) and a "collector" shield I ordered long time ago from GW's website!

Don't expect anything amazing: I am the opposite of an expert, and as I said before I have rarely
    the possibility to spend some time with my beloved models! :sorry:

I'll let you see as soon as possible the result ;)

@n810 I assure you my English may be quite good while writing,
    but is not so spectacular when I'm speaking in face-to-face situations :eek:
    :joyful:

See you soon, guys!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  10. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

That's a relief.

Wait... Disposability???

Wasn't there this other Freddy guy who sounded a bit like this?

Welcome to the forum (and I will be checking under my bed tonight just in case)

11. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Wait a minute: doesn't the sentence "Thank you for your disposability" mean "Thank you for being nice and helpful towards me"? :O
    It sounds like I'm doing some sort of mistake...

By the way, that Freddy you're talking about uses to wear a hat and a red/green pullover? That's because if this is the case I suggest you to take a look at your walls too! XD

P.S. I haven't posted anything about my Chakax kitbash for now because my cellular's camera isn't adequate to picture a single miniature: sorry @Crowsfoot , once I have a good camera in my hands I'll make a thread about it :)

12. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Disposability. Disposable - like trash, or inconvenient corpses. (there might be another uncommon use of that word, but I don't want to take the risk. Walls too, right?)

Disposition fits better, but don't worry, your intent is crystal clear.

I will never sleep again.