1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog JORGIK´s work table

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Jorgik, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That stegadon is amazing! Aside from its truly epic pose (it looks much more dangerous than your normal, static "tank" stegadon), you have magnetized it so you can use every single variant! This is something I always dreamed of doing, thank you for showing us it is possible! Please more pictures as you continue to work on it!!!

Jorgik likes this.
  2. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Thanks!!
    Will surely do so, I´ll just add some more green stuff so there is more difference between the pictures than just 1 or 2 scales ;)

Toltecatl and Warden like this.
  3. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

I was halfway reading through your blog when I realised my jaw was hanging below my chest! What absolutely gorgeous stuff you got here! You're very talented in both painting and making terrain as well as using greenstuff! Awesome stegadon and I really love your tetto-eko. Big props, keep up the good work - I will keep an eye on your blog in the future :)

4. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Not a proper update, but just to tell you that I'm still organizing the move back to Spain and that's why I have been so quiet.
    I did a bit on the stegadon (nothing worth posting) and now the little free time I get I use it for the Golden Serpent comp. But getting there, I hope I will be able to finish it in time :p.

Warden and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  5. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

All right! time for an update!!

I´m finally installed in my old home in Spain after some crazy days of box opening (moving boxes, I wish they were miniature boxes :p) and room constant cleaning and organizing. Then when I finally finished we went on a one-month holidays to the pyrinees (guilty of my lack of Golden Serpent entry :shamefullyembarrased:) and just came back on friday.

So I decided to start another project to celebrate it, like if I didn´t have enough already :p. But thankfully this one will help me organize my models better, and use them :woot:. I´m making a (new) display/gaming table out of the huge polystyrene sheets I had bought and a huge sheet of wood.

So I´ll bore you no longer, here are the pics:

Mesa esposición 1.jpg

This is the plan. As it has to hold lots of big regiments with movement trays I kept it as simple as I could: a 3cm-tall hill (just over 1 inch) with a gentle slope broken with a concentration of rocks in the middle, and at the back center of the table a 8 cm tall hill with a vertical wall, being the only point of access a small staircase.

IMG_20160806_213141.jpg

First layer down and drying.

More to come soon!
    Jorgik

Edit: Just realized this was my 800th post!! I´m becoming a salamander! I´ll try to commemorate it by including burn marks or something similar on the table!! :headphone:

CantTouchDis, Warden, Bowser and 5 others like this.
  6. Stahlax
    Saurus

Stahlax Active Member

Will make sure to follow your stuff, really like it! I'm going to steal some of your ideas on the sculpting part in particular, I really like how you go about it.

Jorgik and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Hope you had a great trip!
    I have the same book (only in English). I find it to be full of useful ideas.
    Congratulations! Soon you'll be a mighty Carnosaur. Not long to go now! :)

Can't wait to see your finished project. Keep us updated.

Jorgik likes this.
  8. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Thanks!! I myself stole ideas from @Rikard , as he was the one who inspired me to sculpt, so full credit on him! :)
    It´s a great book, shame they don´t produce it anymore. I have read it 3 times and I still check it anytime I do scenery just in case I missed something; and from there I have taken the idea of my towers!
    Thanks! I have a carnosaur that´s waiting to be built, so maybe after I reach the mark I´ll start another little project :p

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The idea for the Bane Stone terrain piece I made came directly out of that book. I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in building terrain.

Jorgik likes this.
  10. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Take note people, practice or get nagged at. :p

11. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Another update! Seems I´m speeding up with this table :D

So far I added the second layer and bevelled the slope of the hill. I also carved the stairs and glued the cast rocks to the cliff face. I don´t have pictures of the process up to this point, so you will have to imagine it :p.

IMG_20160809_115343.jpg

This is how the table´s so far. Two slopes, a hill and a stair leading to it.

IMG_20160809_115350.jpg

The outcrop in the middle of the slope. I´m really happy how this turned out :p

IMG_20160809_115355.jpg

And a close up of the hill rock face. It took me longer to attach than I expected, but nothing major. At the end the results are worth it :D

IMG_20160809_115402.jpg

IMG_20160809_115412.jpg

And the staircase. It turned out very cinematic in my opinion :p

I´m thinking about painting or printing a background, so the table doesn´t end in a brown wooden wall :)

And this is what I did yesterday while I waited for the polystyrene to dry :smuggrin::

IMG_20160809_113533.jpg

IMG_20160809_113614.jpg

The little spider in the middle will now form part of my growing jungle swarm base. I usually use it for greenstuff leftovers to make snakes, but sometimes I feel I need to do some bigger creatures :cigar:. Hope you like it :D.

So next will be covering the whole table with plaster cloth from Woodland Scenics to harden the surface. Then I´ll paint the rocks with the same colours as the rocks on my trees, glue sand, paint it and then add details and plants. :)
    I hope I can keep this pace with the table. Doing something big and cool and good looking in little time feels excellent :D
    Jorgik

12. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Table's looking good so far. That base is so damn cool!

Jorgik likes this.
  13. Stefblo
    Saurus

Stefblo Active Member

Really nice job! I know how hard it is to sculpt those little swarms.

Jorgik likes this.
  14. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Amazing stuff! That is one ambitious project, I am a bit jealous of your progress so far!

Really like how your table is turning out. The outcropping caught my eye:

Jorgik's Hero Rock.jpg

made me think of this:

Simba-The-Lion-King-thumbnail.jpg

HERO ROCK IN THE MAKING! Now just to install the dramatic sunset...

Also really fantastic detail on your jungle swarms. :eek: Like really amazing detail, I am astounded that you were able to model that lizard's fingers!
    Well done! Thanks for the continued inspiration!

Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  15. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Good looking rocks. :D

ps. nice swarm.

Jorgik likes this.
  16. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Dat Jungle Swarm Do

Warden and Jorgik like this.
  17. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!
    It took me its time until I got it right :joyful:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Warden likes this.
  18. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Another quick update!

Nothing new but that I applied the plaster cloth. Didn´t have a lot of time today as I went to the GW store to buy some more sand because I hand´t enough for the whole table; and now that I see all the sand together with the table I don´t know if I´ll have enough :banghead:, I hope I manage to spread it :joyful:. Anyways there has been no visible change apart from that the table´s white and a few more rocks, but I´ll still post the change because I´m bored waiting for it to dry :p.

IMG_20160810_134617.jpg

IMG_20160810_134631.jpg

Added two rocks to the rock face to act as walls for when I play, so the models have some cover :).

IMG_20160810_134637.jpg

And the same with the stairway to protect the big step.

Tomorrow onto rock-painting and sand-gluing!!

n810, BeardyGecko, Warden and 3 others like this.
  19. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

Bag o sand from your local hardware store should run you like $5 or less and be way more than you'll ever need. Love the display so far! Can't wait to see it finished!

Jorgik and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Or pick some up for free at the beach! :cool:

Jorgik likes this.