1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just general small talk

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hellbreaker, Jun 22, 2009.

1. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Oy!

I don't see why this kind of thread shouldn't exist so I created one. :smug:

Basically you small talk, everyday life, something funny that happened or just talk...

Well I'll start this then...

I'm feeling very happy with myself since I've sold 30 Eldar guardians and is buying 10 more battle sisters for my army.
    Later in the week I'm planning to order some lizardmen.
    So I've been spending yesterday and today at a friend playing games. Both computer and warhammer.

Gotta love sitting in the sun thou, it's warm and cosy. :smug:

So that's a rough description of my day(s)

How's yours been?

Cheers!

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Ooooooh Lustria's very own twitter. :p

I just finished painting carnosaur, and now I want to get drunk even though it is monday night and I have uni in the morning.

I have decided. Bye! :)

3. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

Finished my A-levels last week, no I sit around all day doing not a lot of anything. Got paintballing planned for sunday but that's about it.

Put my steg (EOTG) together a few days back, took a whole day to do it. Now I'm painting it. Havn't done any warhammer for a few months now so got to get back into it before my painting is back on par, need to head down to my local (40 min drive away - urghhh) and pick up some washes.....far way to go just for that.....petrol aint cheap and no employer seems to want to employ me right now :(

Oh well.....that's about it........

-Eagle

4. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Well today I've been trying to solve a problem regarding Hamachi with a friend, in that it wouldn't let us connect to each other... IOW we couldn't play games like Alien VS Predator 2...
    We didn't solve it, which is sad and now I feel like just frowning when I think about it.

Otherwise I've bought some lizardmen, great deal!

€59.32 or something for the old battalion, 10 temple guard and 2 kroxigors. Where as NOTHING is painted, only the kroxis, saurus and TG are assembled too. ^^
    And I'm selling off my Wood elves, hopefully I'll get them sold and thus be able to further increase the ranks of my saurus. :3

Cheers!

5. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Hamachi you say? Did you install the same version on both computers? Did you make sure your firewalls is turned off or if you have vista: that it alouds you to use hamachi?

6. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Yes, we've tried all that. It really doesn't like me. :( But I can for some reason play DoW with another friend >_<

Cheers!

7. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Seems like theres something wrong with your friends com then.... have you tried a simple internet cable?

8. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

No, for the simple reason I can't afford a 320km long cable. x3
    Well I guess we'll come up with something sometime...

Cheers!

9. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

I saw DOW referenced so I must talk about it!

Soulstorm:
    [KRT]Eagle - 800+ games/64%
    Been out for 6 months so I'm just getting into it again, if you see me online, hit me up, always good to chat as I play.

SM FTW

10. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

Sometimes free days are just horrible.. playing a little on my DS .. while baby-sitting.. trust me.. It is no good combination. When finally done with that i started on finishing my skinks from the Salamander hunting pack..which went so-so.
    I still can't decide on the eyes and i am really terrible at eyes. I decided to have my saurus a light blue eye.. a rather big dot of Asurmen Blue on it and then a 'tiny' light blue dot on it.. looks like amazon make-up.

Also i lost my 'mojo' 2 weeks ago when fighting a 3-way battle. I still don't got it back. Models falling apart..not a single 6 when rolling 20 of them.. Slann 3 miscasts and only kills a single Dwarf Thunderer with 15 shots where 6's only count aswell.. a dwarf mini i just painted knocked off a scar vet landing on the floor resulting in 2 arms flying through my room..The other day he knocked a krox down which i am very proud of because it is the only good painted model in the army thank goodness it landed on my pile of candy wraps. Cold ones getting overrun by dwarf warriors..

Someone.. Please get me my Mojo back.

11. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

:jawdrop:

That dwarf is an insane little bugger... There's only one cure... Call in the witch hunters...

Considering your Mojo... Really I feel bad for you for losing it... Go collect some rocks and flowers and do some chanting and you'll have it back in no-time. :rolleyes:

O a more serious note, I hope you get it back... You can't have a dwarf knocking down your lizards running amok...

Cheers!

12. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

Good idea about the rocks and flowers..I collect some tomorrow. Thanks!

Im giving the dwarf away tomorrow.. my weekly dwarf opponent sure could need it.. I bet it was a spy of him. That particular Scar vet single handedly took down a Dwarf Warrior regiment.. But he forgot there was another veteran running around!

At the start before i was going to paint the dwarf.. i was playing with the though to burn him.. and glue him on my Salamander base..But it would smell really bad if i would do so.

13. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Hey guys,

I just finished my uni exams (hopefully these were the last set of exams... FINALLY!!!).

Back to painting some minis :) before starting work next tuesday :(

If you want to have a look at the palanquin I just finished head over here:

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/aranigejs-painted-minis-updated-new-slann-palanquin.1445/

Summer is finally here and today was a great sunny day so my gf and I went for a fantastic harbour cruise round the maltese islands :) Tomorrow will probably go to the beach or by a pool somewhere... relaxation time!

When I'm back I'll try and get the slann done so I have something to put on the palanquin ;)

14. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

I'd Say Congratz Aranigej!

I can't stand the heat here in the netherlands.. It is not fun when its hot here..different kind of heat..bah.

The palanquin looks nice.. I painted my slann like chewing gum.. i should make pictures sometime.. looking forward to see your slann!

Have fun at the beach/pool or what other Aquatic surface you go to!

15. strewart
    OldBlood

Congrats! Isn't it so satisfying walking out of an exam and thinking 'wow, that is probably my last exam EVER'?

It is even more satisfying watching undergrads running around panicking about exams while you sit back and relax in your office. :)

16. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

@ strewart - looks like you know the feeling mate! Finished uni? I still got my 6th and final year within which to submit the thesis and then i'm done... Unless i decide to do a masters but will think about that later.

As to the small talk - another great day today well spent relaxing by a pool :) i will miss these days when i start work next tuesday :(

And now i m off to undercoat the big guy.

Cheers!

17. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

Took me ages but I finally fixed my laptop! Darn cooling system was playing up so all I ever got was lagg...explains why it took a while after booting up for the lagg to start

Hopefully my celebration isn't premature

off to uni this year, only 3 years on my law degree, don't think I could deal with 6 years....

18. strewart
    OldBlood

Not quite, I am doing honours this year, finished BSc in Nanotechnology last year now doing honours. Its a fun year, I have enjoyed demonstrating first year pracs, having an office and plenty of freedom, but there is a lot of work to do. I'm hoping to have a paper of mine published in a few months. :D

Eagleblaze, yeah that is what I thought when I started.. Uni life is so much fun though, I want to be a professional student aside from the lack of money. :p Half thinking about a PhD next year, I don't know if another 3 years sounds appealing though.

19. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Eagleblaze, so where you live you can practice law after the first degree?

Here the system is a bit tough... 3 years for the bachelor of laws, another year to get a diploma for notary public and the last 2 years for the doctor of laws degree. 6 years total. Without the doctorate though you can't practice law in the courts and such.

Congratz are in order then strewart! Good luck with the honours mate!

20. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

5 years to study law here... Not to sure of what you do since well... I've not entered any uni's. :smug:
    You don't do that when you're 16... :rolleyes: But I'm pretty sure it's 5 years...

Anyhow, I picked up my lizards today. ^^
    Pics in my blog-ish thread.

I'm going to my LGC... Local and local... It's 22Km away... So I'm staying there for the weekend now and gonna play some games, assemble my lizards and paint them. Hopefully I'll win something too now that I actually got the models. :smug:

Cheers!