1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Just Starting and Future Expansion

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by benclark, Nov 9, 2016.

1. benclark
    Saurus

benclark Active Member

Well guys I started work on my Carnosaur today. 2 hours and three coats of Mephiston Red later, I've got a nice solid base colour to start with. Did have a minor issue with the paint creating small bubbles as I drew my brush across the surface of the model but thinning the paint and choosing a less worn out base brush seemed to fix that for the most part.
    [​IMG]

Qupakoco, Seraphage, Solabar and 4 others like this.
  2. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

I find if you get bubbles on a textured area it's either too much paint on the brush, or too wet paint (kinda similar) - so working on a smaller area helps. Then you can also just wait 30ish seconds for it to dry out a smidge and pop the bubbles by brushing over them a few more times.

Looking good though!

benclark and Bowser like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looks goos so far!

benclark likes this.
  4. benclark
    Saurus

benclark Active Member

Well excuse the language but we just got fucked. GW replied. And I quote.

"This is indeed a question that a number of folks have asked.

We have an answer from the studio about this; Warscroll Battalions that use titles of compendium models which no longer have a warscroll may no longer be used in matched play.

For example, if a warscroll battalion says it contains Minotaurs, it may no longer be used because Minotaurs are not in use any more; now they are Bullgors.

Hope that helps - Nick"

To this I have replied as folmows

"I prefer one of the previous two answers lol, shame the scroll couldn't just be updated with one of the two possible options or just have the option removed. Seems like an odd ruling too since the points value for it was given at the same time as the compendium was created. Also odd because Scar-Veteran on Foot has never existed in Age of Sigmar even in the compendium, seems like they made a mistake when creating the battalion and should have updated the battalion to read Astrolith Bearer since that is the incarnation of Scar-Veteran on Foot that was brought forwards in the Lizardmen rules before the Seraphon book was created and before the Compendium section existed."

Because I'm sorry it seems like they made a mistake and are too lazy to fix things. This actually annoys me.

Solabar and Bowser like this.
  5. benclark
    Saurus

benclark Active Member

Well had a productive Sunday last weekend, after getting rather drunk Friday night at a Stag and Doe recovering Saturday we headed down to Kitchener, Ontario for our first cross store game, was great to get some decent games of AoS in, fielding my whole force so far. I also picked up my next unit (Saurus Guard - you may have seen my other thread) and am currently starting them off ready for our next local game in just over a weeks time. Sadly not many photos to share of the day personally but you can see more on the Warhammer - Fairway Road Facebook page.

[​IMG]