1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma Down

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Hunted, Feb 3, 2010.

1. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to tell you 'bout a bit of my life. Because the interwebz is completely anonymus, and because I think it makes me feel better.
    So, last weeks life has been a pain for me. First off, i did not pass my exams. Failed both of them, which sucks. But it's not the end of the world. Just have to step up my game by a lot....
    Second, as you might know I have some problems with my knee (ACL and such). Well, my rehabilitation is slowing down; because a screw (which was supposed to hold the 'new' ACL in place) is placed sub-optimal. Which means I have to walk 2 more weeks on some stupid cruches...which by now: I duly hate.
    This alone is bad news. But, life had one more surprise for us in store...
    last week, we found out mom has breast cancer :(
    How's that for bad karma?
    On a more serious note, chemo is planned on 11 feb and from there we'll see....

I find it hard to talk about this, so I thought it could help if i posted something on here. It's also the main reason I haven't been active much on here. also, my tactica is grinding to a halt this way. But, I'm sure you guys all agree that life is more important than wargaming...

The Hunted

2. Stegadeth
    Temple Guard

Stegadeth New Member

You know, sometimes bad things happen to good people. Sounds like you are getting a full dose of it for sure, though. The good things: at least you are getting rehab for your knee. Breast cancer is very treatable. Crutches suck but it beats having to damage a knee further or be totally reliable on other people or a wheelchair, etc.

Hang in there, The Hunted. I don't have any magic answers but I do have hope and prayers for you and yours.

3. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Best wishes from the UK and Lustria Online :)

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear about it. When s**t goes wrong it has a strange habit of going really wrong. At least things can only head up from here.

I know exactly what you mean, I find it really hard to talk about stuff in real life. Much easier to type it to randoms on the internet, and it does make you feel better to just tell someone. Life is that annoying thing that gets in the way of wargaming. :p

You have my best wishes and I hope you get through it all ok.

5. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Thanks for the kind words guys :)
    Every support helps, even from you randoms! :p (I did not lose my humor, be aware!)

And yes strewart, when things go wrong....they go wrong Badly. I'm in one of those phases right now, and it is a pretty bad one tbh.

Thanks Stegadeth and Sammy, glad I have my back covered.

The Hunted

6. strewart
    OldBlood

Hey mate I haven't been here for a couple of weeks, just wanted to see how things are going now? Looking any better for you? Finally got rid of the crutches?

7. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Heya Strewart,

Yeah, yesterday i (finally) got rid of the crutches! Tomorrow another check, but thing with my knee are looking positive ATM.
    Things are looking ok with mom too, the 'type' of cancer is the most common one in the world. So they have a lot of research done into it already. Chemo has started, and it's pretty rough stuff. But I'll think we'll get through it eventually.
    Uni is looking up too, somewhat..

I feel a bit like the economy of the world:
    everything going right, big big crisis/problems, and slowly getting back to normal....

Thanks for showing support Strewart :) really appreciate it,

The Hunted

8. strewart
    OldBlood

Good to hear things are starting to get back on track. The thing about uni is you can always do the subjects again, I think a lot of people don't realise just how many others fail exams and repeat topics. Its not really a big shame, its nothing unusual. Yeah it seems bad at the time, I hated having to repeat a couple of topics in undergrad, but it worked out better for me in the end anyway.

I'm not sure how much you have been warned about chemo, but it really knocks the person around for a long time. Expect to have to pick up a lot of extra slack if you are still living with your mum. My dad had cancer a few years ago and the course was mostly radio rather than chemo, but a bit of both, and I honestly believe he is still not back to 100%. It just smashes self confidence. Of course far better than just leaving it, hopefully it all runs smoothly and easily for her.