1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Kinslayers' Lizardmen Painting Log

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Kinslayer, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Kinslayer
    Saurus

Kinslayer New Member

Well guys I finally have the time and money to properly restart playing*, and I am diving in at the deep end having already purchased most of an army. It has taken me most of my free time in the last week to assemble the army of Lizardmen, and I have just begun painting them. I might try to set myself goals with the painting to try and get it completed in good time to a good standard. I will update this thread with all my progress...

What I purchased in the 'first wave' of minis;

2 Battalions
    Stegadon
    Finecast Carnosaur
    Extra box of Skinks
    Plastic Saurus hero

I also went on a bit of a spending spree with hobby equipment, getting most of the things I have never used before but always wanted to try. So I now have a paint station, citadel spray gun, a load of the new paints range, every size of brush, oh and a limited edition army carry case. I've just today finished basecoating all the models with the spray gun and crikey does it make it easier. I've undercoated black with a spray can and then basecoated blue with the gun an entire core army in around an hour.

I know it's messy at this stage but here are the miniatures so far (shields are separate for ease of painting)...

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p614/KinslayerPhoto/DSC01543.jpg

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p614/KinslayerPhoto/DSC01544.jpg

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p614/KinslayerPhoto/DSC01545.jpg

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p614/KinslayerPhoto/DSC01546.jpg

So the army so far consists of the following:

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur
    Saurus Scar Veteran
    Skink Chief (from the Stegadon on a separate base)
    Skink Priest (from the Stegadon on a separate base)
    40 Saurus Warriors
    20 Temple Guard
    48 Skinks
    16 Saurus Cavalry
    4 Jungle Swarms / Unit Fillers (using the snakes from the Saurus kit)
    Stegadon

I will be adding more models soon once painting on this lot has begun, mainly just the new finecast Lizardmen bits and maybe more skinks.

Thanks for looking

* - for those who don't know me, I've been playing for 12 years mainly using Dark Elves / Vampire Counts and I moderate & run RPG on druchii.net as Kinslayer. I played Lizardmen about 7 years ago too, but I haven't played fantasy at all in 2 years apart from a few 8th edition games using 7th edition VC last year.

(This post is copied off my threads in Druchii.net and Warseer, I forgot to post it here also, so I have one update for you straight away...)

2. Kinslayer
    Saurus

Kinslayer New Member

For some reason I am getting this message "Images may only be up to 1 pixels wide" so I cannot post the pictures only links... anybody know why?

Anyway, here is a shot of some of the progress I have made with the army as seen in my first battle. (Battle Report will follow in the appropriate forum)

I have also now added;

3 Kroxigor
    4 Salamander Hunting Packs
    16 Chameleon Skinks

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p614/KinslayerPhoto/2012-07-02205159.jpg

Bad photo it was taken on my phone, but you can see I have a lot of the core infantry basecoated (to 2 layers and in some places a wash)

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Fixed links for you man, we use alternate tags on this site...

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

2012-07-02205159.jpg

Warden likes this.
  4. Kinslayer
    Saurus

Kinslayer New Member

Thanks, appreciate that. The battle report is now up.

5. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

Wow, that's a crap load of Cold Ones! Looking forward to some close ups as you get into the painting. How's the Lizardman traffic on WarSeer? Pretty slow here in the summertime. If you need any more Krox, you might want to check out the models that I'll be releasing through Chapterhouse in a few weeks (in my plog, on the 'Painting and Converting' forum)

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Mostly its the same people Thinker... Might be a couple who don't have accounts here yet... But there are a few curent conservations on Lizardmen topics tho.

7. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

It would make life so much easier if everything were under one roof...I miss the old days when all Warhammer, every race and every fan from every nation was on one mailing list...oh the good old Direwolf days! Of course we had no way of sharing photos back then short of each player starting up their own website...

8. Kinslayer
    Saurus

Kinslayer New Member

Just a quick update, as all of the models are now basecoated and most have been given the first main layer. I'm painting the rest of the Skinks this weekend.

DSC01647.jpg

Warden likes this.
  9. Kinslayer
    Saurus

Kinslayer New Member

Here is the first decent update. First is a shot of the whole army once it was all basecoated. I decided to do the Saurus before the Skinks and have spent about 8 hours getting them all done apart from the detail now (need to do faces, shields, claws, bases and lighten the gold).

Also, after working my way through 40 of the Saurus I wanted to try something else so have finished the 4 Salamanders.

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01652.jpg

Warden likes this.
  10. Kinslayer
    Saurus

Kinslayer New Member

Small update, finished some of the models including Jungle bases...

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01771.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

Warden likes this.
  11. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Looking good, how are you liking the new paints so far?

12. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

i like the plants on the bases, but i cant help but thinking that some static grass would really make them pop