1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Kroak advice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by MackiMac, Oct 22, 2018.

1. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

Hi
    I have tried to play the new Lord Kraok offensively in two games now and I just cant make it work. He just keep failing his casting rolls, even with the help of an astrolith bearer. Only managed to cast deliverance once in those two games. Dont know if I was just extremly unlucky, have you had any luck with him after the faq? Is there anything more I can do to make it easier to cast spells? I want him as a damage dealer, otherwise I would just take a normal Slann.

2. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

Either Arcane terrain or a Balewind Vortex helps, along with the Chromatic cogs. All that combined your getting some real nice buffs for ole Kroak.

3. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

Yes those are very useful, I had the vortex this time. :) But they do not really make it easier to pass casting rolls though.

4. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

I'd say getting a +2 to your casting rolls definitely makes it easier to pass casting. Celestial Deliverance Goes off on 6,7,8 and his comet goes off on a 5 for d3 units and 8 for d6 unitsconsidering your average roll for 2 dice is 7. I like those odds.

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

A Balewind Vortex no longer adds +1 to casting since AoS2. It only adds +1 to save rolls, 6" to spell range and an additional spell slot.

Archkyrie11 likes this.
  6. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Yup your right, I referenced the warscroll on GW's site and its the old one still. Thanks Gdubs

I spose these things happen when I havent gotten to play in ages, moved to an area with no AoS scene :(