1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Kroak Bomb 2k

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by GorRok, Oct 23, 2017.

1. GorRok
    Skink

GorRok New Member

Hello my fellow seraphonions!

This is a bit of a trick list and I wanted to gather input on how you all thought it would fare in a tournament setting.

1x Kroak
    1x Slann Starmaster (great rememberer, incandescent retrices)
    1x starseer

40x skinks
    20x skinks
    10x skinks

2x Bastis with space laser

cast curse of fates on slann, get slann on balewind, teleport kroak up, deliverance bomb and comets call, teleport back to safety, slann on balewind is now double range for arcane bolt for more mortal wounds.

big skink units move to camp objectives. Bastis space laser incoming threat(s). small unit of skinks are bubblewrap where needed.

One trick pony, but I feel like this could really throw people off and on the back foot when they see kroak pop up and dissapear back to safety.

LOTS of points tied up in this combo so I'm hesitant.

What do you all think?

Wazz and n810 like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Not sure that will work as well as it looks on first glance. I will have to think about it...

3. GorRok
    Skink

GorRok New Member

That's where I'm at as well. It looks like it has potential on paper, but I'm not sure how it would actually play out.

Wazz likes this.
  4. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Let us know how it goes when you finally try it. I like the idea a lot as well! What if you tried the snake Basti? I know a lot of people were stoked on using that with the teleport.

5. GorRok
    Skink

GorRok New Member

I did try the list on Friday. Without some range extension, Kroak is too limited in range for his 450 price tag. I'm going to try a revamped list dropping the starseer and adding the astrolith bearer. The extra 8" of range would bring Kroak's range average to 20", which should hopefully help with hitting more things.

I'm also considering dropping the bastiladons as they just don't do enough damage against non chaos demons. Thinking about adding guard instead and eternal starhost instead?

Wazz likes this.
  6. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I like the eternal starhost a lot but it depends on what you are olaying against, mortal wound spam makes the whole battalion a waste almost.

7. GorRok
    Skink

GorRok New Member

Agreed. This particular tournament only has two tzeentch and 3 fyreslayer armies out of 34 (so far). Mortal wound spam shouldn't be so bad. But yeah, if I run into mortal wound spam with guard, it's pretty much curtains for the units.

What would you suggest instead of guard? Just spam skinks? I only have 70 skinks painted, but I could probably get more done between now and then (as much as I don't want to!)

The bastiladons can be so good, but their output more often than not is lackluster. Against the aforementioned tzeentch, they would do better for sure, but then I don't have enough bodies in the list, in my opinion.

8. Aginor
    Slann

If you add the Astrolith then the Bastis get dramatically better. Might be worth it.
    But yeah, they are expensive.

Wazz likes this.
  9. Arawn
    Saurus

Arawn Member

I, most of the time, use Basti as a tank. It's always been very effective, holding big monsters or units with high rend. Especially now we can teleport it, the oponent can't avoid it as easily as before.

Aginor and Wazz like this.
  10. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I agree with @Aginor the Astrolith makes the bastilis better for sure, so when you roll low for your shots it doesn't hurt as bad lol. I agree with @Arawn too. A bastili on an objective in cover is hard to remove. I am really liking my stegadon recently, the teleport with the skink alpha almost guarantees the charge and you can shoot some big stuff before the charge as well the -3 rend while it's healthy is awesome.

Seraphage, Aginor and Arawn like this.
  11. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Bastiladon being a MONSTER cannot benefit from cover though ! Still love my 2 Bastis’ everytime :)

Wazz likes this.
  12. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

That is right! My mistake.

13. Aginor
    Slann

Bastiladon in a good strategic position
    +
    Mystic Shield
    +