1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Kroaknado+Dread Saurian?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jason839, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Cause sometimes you want to lose all your friends. Thoughts on competitive viability? I’d never take kroaknado to friendly games so this would only be for hardcore tournaments.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Lord Kroak
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    Engine of the Gods
    Engine of the Gods
    Skink Starpriest
    10 x Skinks
    10 x Skinks
    10 x Skinks
    10 x Skinks
    Dread Saurian
    Chronomantic Cogs
    Balewind Vortex
    Quicksilver Swords
    2000/2000

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

It looks like a fun list, but any list with a Dread Saurian isn't very well suited for a hardcore tournament. Idoneth, Skaven (Plague Monk Ed), Fyreslayers, Fleash-Eater Courts, and Slaanesh are the top dogs. None of the previously mentioned armies will be negatively impacted by the Dread Saurian. The best match up for the Dead would be vs Skaven and even then their army is largely battleshock immune.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

My Fyreslayers are top dogs? very interesting....

Dr.Doom likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

The highest Ranked player for AoS in North America is a Fyreslayers player. I have two minor defeats to him this year. He spams a 30x Polearm Hearth Guard, a 15x Axe Hearth Guard, 10x Vulkite, 2 5x Auric Heath Guard and the normal heros on foot with Lords of the Lodge. He uses Hermdar and prayers to make his 30x units battle shock immune, with a 3+ save, 4+ save after save, run and charge, and fight twice at the start of the combat phase.

I keep tying him on objectives. I just can't kill his guys off:( I got lucky one game and snipped his Runefather with EotGs MWs. That one was super close to a major for me.

Dr.Doom and Lord Skal'terakk like this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

that's my current goal lol. I have (so far) 10x polearm HB, 10x VB, 5x AG Runefather on Magma, runeson on foot, Runesmiter on foot and one Grimwrath. nice to know im on the right path lol.

ever since they changed the FNP from the vilkites to the HB's and then made their attacks 2mortals on 6 ti hit instead of roll another dice after any hit for a 4+ to do 1 mortal... they became nuts. and 5 for 120.... WITH a horde discount...

Dr.Doom and LizardWizard like this.
  6. Jason839
    Salamander

Battleshock immunity needs to go away. For all armies not just Fyreslayers. It’s like GW forgot it was the built in mechanic to balance horde units.

7. Emanu
    Jungle Swarm

Emanu New Member

Which Is the best list with a Dead Saurian and how to use It?

Dr.Doom likes this.
  8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

the one you have the most fun with

Dr.Doom and LizardWizard like this.
  9. Jason839
    Salamander

Even when I’m not playing it in a list, I always take it with me in my summon box. Sometimes the game goes bad one way or the other and it’s over by turn 2. Then the game becomes last long enough to get 40 pts and summon the dread :D

Dr.Doom and Cordam like this.
  10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

2 turns IS long enough to summon the dread lol.

turn 1 kroak summons balewind, starpriest summons cogs, croak uses cogs and sacrifices all spells for CP. (normally 4 spells, BWV and cogs give 2 more, 1 used for the BWV = 5 spells) x3 cp for 15, 1 for slann general and average 2 on Astrolith bearer = 18 CP end of turn one turn two you have 6 spells to sacrifice for 18 points, 1 from slann general and average 2 from the is 21. that's 39 points. as long as you roll a 3 and a 2 on the astro it IS possible to get the dread out turn two, just not guaranteed lol