1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Krox Heavy 1K List

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by El_Collyero, Mar 17, 2008.

1. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

Won with this list against a couple of beginners this weekend. I love the hitting ability of the army. I also like that it's fast. That seems to help me. I'm worried about magic. I'm also worried about big rank & file units. I'm just starting too, so feedback on this army list would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Playing Sacred Host of Quetzl

General:
    Scar Vet w/ GW, LA, Shield, SoSotec, SoQuetzl, Jag Charm
    148 Points

Character:
    Skink Priest Lvl 2 w/ SoQuetzl

Core:
    10 Skinks w/ BP & HW, Scouts, SoQuetzl - 65
    10 Skinks w/ BP & HW, SoQuetzl - 65
    11 Skinks w/ Jav & Shield, SoQuetzl - 71

Special:
    4 Kroxs - 232
    3 Kroxs - 174

Rare:
    2 Salamanders - 130

Total 1000 Points
    4 PD
    3 DD

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

How helpful/essential is BSoQuetzl to you?

I ask because I think you can forgo it and the extra level on the priest to strengthen your army in other areas.

With the extra points you could beef up one of your units of Krox to 4. 4 krox work so much better than 3 krox I have found, they can take rank and file units on head on I have found. Their killing power is simply amazing!

If you preferred you could beef up that sallie unit to 3. 3 sallies have the potential to destroy units in a couple of turns. Pretty useful at 1k points.

Of course if you really want the BSoQuetzl then this is all moot, but try it without, you might like it.

I think your general is really good as well :)

3. Babalu
    Skink

Babalu New Member

I'd drop the shield from your JSoD General as well, you probably won't be using it. Also, your skink priest can't take SoQuetzl, so that frees up some points too. (Skinks can only take a few spawnings, it says which ones in their character section with all the other point costs)
    Using those points to get another Kroxy would make that list a real beast at 1k, I like it alot and would consider using something similar in any 1 k games I would play.

hope it helps

4. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

I think he's using the sacred host of Quetzl, which means his priest can (indeed, has to) take the BSoQuetzl. :)

Read more here

5. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

The thought behind taking the lvl 2 priest and the sacred host of quetzl was that I would have the ability to cast a magic missile from lore of death & would have slightly tougher skinks. If I drop the points from the Sacred Host of Quetzl (-20), lose the level on the priest (-35), and drop 1 jav skink (-6), I'd have 61 points available.

That gives me enough to add a Krox ;)

Or I could add another unit of 10 skinks. In effect, this route gives me the magic missile back that I lost from the priest & more skinks to replace those that now have no armor save.

Would anyone take the extra skinks over the additional Krox?

Also, I was thinking of joining the JSOD with the current grouping of 3 Kroxs (charging him out when in range). Or should I be playing my character as a single model unit?

Thanks again.

6. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

I would probably go for the extra krox. Two units of 4 krox is scary in 2k points and even scarier in 1k!

Also, you skink priest wouldn't totally be wasted with the lore of heavens, he can take the portent of far which is very useful with salamanders ;)

7. Babalu
    Skink

Babalu New Member

Didn't see the BSoQuetzl, sorry my bad.

I'd still find the points for an 8th Kroxy, 8 of them at 1k is brutal!!!

question to all:

Are the Blessed Spawning of (fill in the blank) acceptable "normal play" lists or are they kinda like the Storm of Chaos lists and used more for fun and something different? Guess I'm asking if people will be muttering "cheesy" under their breath if they have to play against one, until now I didn't even know they existed as they are not talked about much on LO or Warseer.

thanks

8. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Well I certainly don't think they are considered cheesy. In fact, I think it's quite tough to make a good sacred host list.

If you're planning on using them in a tourney though, it might be worth checking with the tournament organisers first

9. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

Played with the list tonight. Took advice and added the additional krox. Fought an army of ogres. Big win for my lizards. There were no ogres left on the battlefield at the end of the game. Everything went very well except that my JSOD got shot and killed at the start of turn 2. I also benefited greatly from a failed charge from his general's unit. Good fun

10. Conotor
    Jungle Swarm

Conotor New Member

Id drop the priest and sallies for a stegadon.

11. El_Collyero
    Skink

El_Collyero New Member

A stegadon and all those kroxs would be shear madness at 1000 points :bored: Don't have the model. Need to pick one up.