1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. kroxigor units?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by xisor, Aug 22, 2010.

1. xisor
    Cold One

xisor New Member

hi all, forgive me but i have yet to buy ther rules, waiting for island of blood but i have heard rumours that monstrous infantry units in 3 ranks all get to fight is this true? if so would a unit of 9 Kroxigors be very nasty, i know it wouldnt be a cheap unit but surely it would be a fearsome sight and would really shred through big blocks of infantry.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Almost right...
    Ogre sized units can for ranks 3 wide
    and get 3 attacks from the second row,
    also the first ranks gets a stomp attack.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

To get the attacks from the third rank, you need a frontage of 6 models to count for the horde rule. So, be prepared to dish out the money (or proxy/make some unit fillers) for 18 Kroxigors.

That would be an awesome thing to behold though.

4. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Whew, and I thought my unit of 6 was setting me back a lot of cash! I agree though - 18 Kroxies would be one heckuva unit.

5. oldblood62
    Skink

oldblood62 Member

I've got 18, I loved kroxes in 6th edition!!! So all but 2 are the old molds only a few more to paint and ill post a pic of em in formatiion!!

6. oldblood62
    Skink

oldblood62 Member

There goin to be the new target for me and my new painting machine aka my gf! Lol

7. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

They will be a new target in more ways than that! Anyone you are playing should try to destroy that unit before it moves! A Slann with Life lore will turn that into an absolutely devastating uint.

8. oldblood62
    Skink

oldblood62 Member

That's ok they will look soooo cool on the table in that big a unit so it will be worth it!!! Even if they die faster than I can bring them back!!!

9. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

stick the slann with them to give them regen :p

10. oldblood62
    Skink

oldblood62 Member

If the price for 18 wasn't enough let's add a slann and make around 1500 points or so lol love it!!! :bored:

Jorgik likes this.
  11. Ease
    Jungle Swarm

Ease New Member

I've recently started Lizardmen after a long bout of playing Wood Elves, and so have a host of Treekin that I will be proxying as Kroxigors with one or two actual Kroxigors at the front :p Really looking forward to marching that huge deathstar of lizard flesh into some yummy High Elves or Dwarves. Going to chuck an Old Blood with Mag Res (3) in there for protection.

12. ZeTe
    Saurus

ZeTe Member

wow that sounds beefy as hell , 18 krox w/ slann w/lore of life ha ha ha nice

13. oldblood62
    Skink

oldblood62 Member

Played with it many times and enjoyed it still play with a lot of them even with the smaller limit per unit now in 9th age

ZeTe likes this.
  14. ZeTe
    Saurus

ZeTe Member

i have only got to field kroxigar once and they lost combat (was charged by ethereal) they fled and were caught and wiped out without ever getting an attack off. haven't had another game since due to life and i am thinking of interesting ways to field they next time :D

15. wildsaint
    Skink

wildsaint Member

what size base do krox sit on in 8th?

16. ZeTe
    Saurus

ZeTe Member

40mm x 40mm as skinks are on 20mm and 2 should fit neatly to any side of the krox