1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Legion of Xyotl Ouxa'klixz: The Old One's Swift Vengeance - BloodBowl Pics! Updated May 22nd.

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Rokanos, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Stefblo
    Saurus

Stefblo Active Member

Stegadon is outstanding ;)

2. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

IN love with the troglodon colour scheme very well done :D

3. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the kind words!

Mods - could one of you kindly move this up to the blog section? I didn't see it before:oops:

Also - tiny update: I am working on my entry for the golden serpent...so there won't be any pics here for a bit..possibly. I did get the bases done for my rippers so I might post some pics of those....yeah what the heck...here's a wip pic I took of them... the three for the orange/yellow rippers aren't done yet in this pic though. I've yet to go back and reapply black to the edges to finish "framing" the base. I'll get there eventually :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Stahlax, Warden, n810 and 5 others like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Bases are looking good so far! Lots of vegetation and the stone looks awesome!

Rokanos likes this.
  5. Stefblo
    Saurus

Stefblo Active Member

Nice work on those bases. Lots of plants look good ;) It is something I am missing on my bases.

Rokanos likes this.
  6. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Awesome bases!!

Rokanos likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Wonderful work!!

Rokanos likes this.
  8. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Thank you for the compliments guys! :)

Holy crap...i just realized how big these pics are coming in (esp if you click on them...):confused: ...uhhh what am I doing wrong? lol. Should I not use Imgur to host the pics?

EDIT: tried it through uploading and it's the same way... guess I just need to resize the photos so they are smaller...sorry about the mega giant pics guys :(

9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

yea, 1600x1200 would be plenty big.
    (your at 40000x30000 ish )
    no problem, just takes a bit longer to load.

10. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Yikes x.x i'll make sure I downsize the next ones.

11. spess
    Cold One

spess Well-Known Member

Nice work man! I like the look of the bases that you just added. What did you use for the sand? Looks like actual dirt from outside! I'm actually really a fan of those purple leaves that you added to the base of the dactyl -- I think it makes the purple and blues of the model really stand out!

Curious if you have any other skinks/saurus painted? I like the color schemes you've gone with (the dark skin/scales), and am wondering if your other foot soldiers follow the same pattern.

12. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Heya! Thanks for the compliments!

The sand is actually a product called Vallejo Dark Earth. It's literally a paste you paint onto the base and it dries just like you see. It's amazing and worth every penny.

I have a couple saurus and skinks painted (you can see them in my old painting thread in my sig). I'll probably be keeping the same-ish colors on the saurus, but more refined/clean. My skinks however, the ones in the blog are actually my camo skinks, and I intend to do each "unit" of skinks in a different color scheme, with the only thing keeping them all "cohesive" being the grey skin tones, which I'll have throughout the army.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  13. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Your bases are a riot of color! I really like the different jungle plants you have chosen!

Also loving the way you painted the wings on that razordon! Makes him look extra lethal

Jorgik and Rokanos like this.
  14. Stefblo
    Saurus

Stefblo Active Member

Ripperdactyl :)

Jorgik likes this.
  15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

o_O

oops... that's what I meant.

Jorgik and Rokanos like this.
  16. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Hey guys! So now that I'm done with my entry (and it's likely pretty obvious which mine is), I'll finally be able to get back to painting other things. I started working on some of my rank and file skinks last night, so I should have some of those done soon!

I'm going for a rather "quick and dirty" paint job on them, since there are so many, but I do find myself wanting to go full quality on them, which would likely be the death of me. One unit with be blue scales with red crests and shields, the other will be green scales with purple crests and shields.

I'm aiming to get 2500 pts of 9th age painted so I can move on to other projects and take my time on the rest of my army. Below is the list I used to win my local tourney, and what I'll be painting first and foremost.

Lord:
    Saurian Warlord on baby carno w/ Blessed sword, Armor of Destiny, Dusk Stone, and shield.

Heroes:
    Saurian Veteran on baby carno w/ BSB, Armor of Fortune, Gem of Dragonfire, shield
    Caiman Ancient w/ halberd, gambler's armor.

Core:
    Skink Braves x 20 w/ 2 Caimans, poisoned attacks, jav & shield, Muso, Standard, banner of Courage
    Skink Braves x20 w/ 2 Caimans, poisoned attacks, jav & shield, muso, standard
    Skink Braves x10 w/ jav & shield
    Skinks Braves x10 w/ jav & shield

Special:
    Caimans x7 w/ FC, Stalker's Standard, halberds
    Skink Skyriders x3 w/ ramphodons
    Skink Skyriders x3 w/ ramphodons
    Skink hunters x5 w/ chameleon, blowpipes
    Skink hunters x5 w/ chameleon, blowpipes

Rare:
    Stygiosaur w/ champ upgrade
    Stygiosaur w/ champ upgrade

I'll definitely need a break from large dinos after painting all this :confused:, unfortunately, I'll still have the two stegadons to paint. Also, using Yhetis as stand-in Krox until I can get my hands on some of those glorious Woogity models...and yes, I have 16 Yhetis...Don't ask me why - it was a pre-end times thing that everyone laughed at :p.

Anywho, I should have some pics of the skinks up for you guys soon (if all goes well...hopefully before the end of the day today).

EDIT: Anyone else going to be sucked into No Man's Sky? ... I have a feeling it may take away from some of my painting time :oops:

Warden, spess, Jorgik and 1 other person like this.
  17. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Ok...sorry guys! Didn't get pics till I snapped a handful of quick ones this morning of the skinks WIP.

First up, skrox block 1 - test skink (Note: All of these are meant to be quick paintjobs...so they won't be super pretty lol.. I'll go back and tidy them up once i've got em all to tabletop at least.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Test skink for unit 2: (Tried a different set of greys and wash for his skin..don't like it, so this scheme will end up going with the same skin color as the one above.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the work in progress unit (haven't started base coating the purple and green unit yet) - These are at the "base coat + wash stage.

[​IMG]

Thanks for stoppin by!

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Warden, Jorgik, tom ndege and 3 others like this.
  18. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Awesome schemes both of them!! I really like how the two colours of scales and shields match so well!!

Rokanos and Bowser like this.
  19. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I think if the "kroxigors" are going to the be yeti creatures the blue skinks work better (they both look good though) simply because the blue and grey ones look more "icy."

Also importantly, what is the fluff behind a pack of hungry yetis rampaging around lustria with a cohort of skinks?! :eek: There has got to be a good story there.

Rokanos, Stefblo and Jorgik like this.
  20. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Haha, no fluff. I just don't have any Woogity Krox yet, and I don't really want to buy the GW ones because I hate the way they look :p I could use them I guess though, just paint em brown n grey instead of white and say they are just weird jungle-dwelling empire ancestors :D

I have made some progress on the first block of red and blue skinks though, should have them at least finished painted by the end of tomorrow night, and then i'll just have to get some flock n stuff put on em before I start the second batch. Feels good to get a chunk of guys done at once.

Warden, Bowser and Jorgik like this.