1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little help with the squeme!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by GuettoBlaster, Sep 27, 2016.

1. GuettoBlaster
    Jungle Swarm

GuettoBlaster New Member

Hi everyone!

I have started to paint my new Seraphon army and I have a little problem. I don't know how to do this squeme...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First of all, I'm sorry if this Scar-vet was made by someone from here! You did one awesome job, honestly.

The question is: I need some tips for the flakes colour (the dark one), and the clear skin. Maybe for green celestite to...

Now I'm using a blue tone for flakes, and a blue shade for skin (over the Ulthuan grey base). But, I don't like it very much.

In my mind I hace the image: clear skin, dark (not much) flakes, and orange center flakes. If you have the Seraphon Battletome, is the Tlixa Shield squeme. Or similar...

Thank's a lot battlebrothers!

Next post I show you the advance!

Warden, Jorgik, SlanntaClause and 2 others like this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Don't believe I've seen this particular one on the site before....
    It's pretty awesome, and quite complicated though.

3. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I would start by painting the white, then the orange and then the dark, otherwise you could get a hard time with the bright colors.

Mostly I think it is a question of getting good at making the patterns seem random, but clean.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

That is a very good painted example using some advanced techniques the skin and scales are straight forward just combinations of colours but the shield is blended and the polearm is Blended, NMM and extreme highlighted, not for the beginner but you don't say if you are a beginner or an advanced painter?

What @ASSASSIN_NR_1 says is spot on, follow that advice for the skin and scales, the shield you can try and blend but not recommended if your a beginner, another way is to put the colours down and then glaze again not easy but doable.

Bowser likes this.
  5. GuettoBlaster
    Jungle Swarm

GuettoBlaster New Member

Thank's a lot! Sorry guys, I haven't give enough info. I'm not a beginner, but neither an expert at all... I think my level is tabletop. If I expend more time maybe I can do better, but now I want to paint a little faster to play battles.
    I'm finishing a couple of saurus with other similar squeme, with a blue tone. But I don't like blue (or green) cause is a tipical lizardman colour... And I find this in the net and I loved the combination!

The question is I want a simple form to do this squeme (try at least...). I like the new tipe of GW way to paint: Base + Shade/wash + Layer. Is fast and the result is good for time expended. Now, with this metod (3 or 4 steps, no more), what's colours do you use for that squeme?

I think (all with white primer):
    - Skin: base of Ulthuan grey + light brown wash (what?) + layer of ulthuan/white.
    - Scales: Here is the trouble for me beacuse I not want to paint this like a stone... But I haven't other way in my mind to paint this dark grey... What combination of colours do you would use?
    - Central scales: I paint this with: Fire dragon + shade fuegan orange + and lights fire dragon and yriel yellow for finish.
    - Celestite stone: I have no idea to do this...

When I finish one model I show you the result, and I hope to receive reviews!

I'm very thankful for your help!

Bowser likes this.
  6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I think I would start with white primer and then a Black wash.
    after that you could start with your orange scales and your dark grey scales.

7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!