1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lizardman chariot....

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by shahryar, Mar 12, 2009.

1. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

I'm going to try and make a chariot for my lizardmen using spare parts from a stegadon.

Basically it will count as a steggie with a bolt thrower.

I was thinking about using the high elf chariot but not sure

really I only have one question hopefully someone will know

Will the chariots yoke fit 2 cold ones?

and I notice that the lizardman book mentions jaguars a lot so do any of you think that with a clever paint job the lions could pull the chariot?

and if anyone actually owns the chariot how well do you think the bolt thrower parts would fit on the front?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Holding a cold one up to the chariot, its body where the yoke would go is maybe 2mm higher than a lion's, so I think it would be very easy to make it fit. If you look at a pic of the chariot though, you will notice ropes from the rider to the crossbar and onto the lion. The rope is part of the lion mould, so you would probably have to GS some rope onto the cold one.

I just wonder how you are going to jam 5 skinks and a giant bow into the chariot... It is really not very big, fitting 2 HE's can be a struggle.

Jaguars are a lot smaller than lions, they also don't have manes. And the GW ones have some HE stuff on them around the neck that would be pretty tough to move. I really think lions into jaguars would be a bit of a stretch, and in any case I couldn't really see jaguars being strong enough to pull a chariot. You would be better off with cold ones.

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

4. Aren
    Saurus

Aren New Member

A chariot running around in the jungle? Very unlikely, but hey, its a cool idea! Personally I would have tried to buy the beasts Craken is linking to, they seem awesome! Perhaps mounting the howdah in place of the carriage would be a good idea (would be a very hard converting job, though)?