1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lizardman cming to total war warhammer II

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Xlanax_lot, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

I WILL LET THE TRAILER SPEAK FOR ITSELF!

SO PUMPED FOR THIS.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

2. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

I loved it! :D I can't wait to play them!

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Finally some lizards to conquer stuff with :D though I hope they'l do something against the AI abusing the underway & such to roam through your territory making building a frontline obnoxiously difficult at times...

On a sidenote, does anyone have a good overhaul mod for it? None of them feel right so far.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I don't know about overhaul but no ai agent spam is helpful

Bowser likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The no AI spam I got halfway into my first campaign after a bunch of level 30 goblin shaman proceeded to murder every single general & hero I had in about 3 turns... it was lame :p

But I'm looking for an overhaul mod... the units in the base game are a bit odd due to the combination of tabletop + total war balancing. Unlike the previous total war games you don't have a nice progression of units, for example in rome going from mere hastati to praetorians. Which leads to some weird situations for some races with certain weak troops becoming outdated but not really... it's just odd. Also the basegame has Garrisons taht are utterly pointless....

Anyway, so far I've tried radious, which gives waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many units & fills the weakpoints in the Original rosters too much by giving every army everything. Which is kinda lame.

Wakes realism; which comes at the downside of making non-monstrous races far too weak & Reliant on their technology. Closer to how it works in the tabletop. But unfortunatly in total war this doesn't entirely work due to the differences with the tabletop. E.g. "cannonfodder" doesn't work very well in total war, similarly the change from turn based to real time combat and the bigger chaos this creates causes issues...

Steel faith's overhaul; this one is actually fairly decent, but since garissons are massivly improved the start is a bit wonky as enemies turtle in their cities resulting in quite difficult battles.. Also, magic might be a bit overpowered. Especially in the hands of the AI. In the hands of the player magic being powerfull "merely" evens the field with the AI's various cheats & superiour numbers and such. In the hands of the AI it randomly blows up your already significantly smaller and less manageable army (yay for the AI not having reaction time and being able to micromanage every thing at the same time and such)...

So yea.. trying to find one that truly works :p

Bowser likes this.
  6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Maybe not an overhaul but unit packs?

The glory unit packs are pretty awesome

Bowser likes this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Those tend to screw with the economy though. And I do like the new garissons from steel faith defensivly. Being stuck with a "mere" two armies is less of an issue if your villages aren't immeadiatly overrun by a rampaging band of marauders but actually need to face a fullfleshed army.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Lizardmen*

Already discussed on the respective forum.

AND I AM SO HYPE RIGHT NOW.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Qupakoco, Lord-Marcus and Bowser like this.
  9. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Where? Link plz! :)

10. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

General Hobby.