1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Lizardmen of Tlanextl

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Cipactli of Tlanextl, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Cipactli of Tlanextl
    Skink

Cipactli of Tlanextl New Member

Lizardmen of Tlanextl

My Lizardmen army is finally underway. I had been building and just started painting.

76 Saurus (40 with hand weapons and 36 with spears)
    36 Skinks (24 with spears and 12 with blowpipes)
    3 Kroxigor
    25 Cold One Riders
    Salamander
    Old blood on Cold One
    2 Scarvets on Cold Ones
    4 Scarvets
    2 Skink Priests
    Stegadon with Engine of the Gods
    10 Temple Guard

Planning to convert Skink command and a Skink and Saurus BSB each.

Here are the beginnings of my 3 Kroxigors (almost complete).

Krox1.JPG
    Krox2.JPG

2. Hojdar
    Cold One

Hojdar Active Member

That is quite alot of units you have ready for painting. Are you planning to speed paint them for games or are you gonna go for the detailed looks?
    The bright colour on the krox heads look really nice and fits well! Almost looks like they are wearing skull helmets.

3. Kroq
    Cold One

Kroq New Member

I love how you painted the classic 5th ed. kroxigors, they are my favourites!

4. Connosaurus
    Saurus

Connosaurus New Member

Wow o_O that's alot of saurus, i would add more TG though, and is your paint scheme from white dwarf?

5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Sexeh. Can't wait to see what you cook up next time. If I had to say something maybe do some more with the bases? It's just green with some grey rocks, so how about some grass, bushes, foliage, something? :)

6. Cipactli of Tlanextl
    Skink

I was not planning to speed paint them, although I do paint quickly when I have the time.

Mostly so much is built because I got them assembled or nearly complete. I bought a Saurus box first, then bid on two lots for Cold One Riders, hoping to get one and won both. A Scarvet was with them, which gave me 10 riders. A friend had some Lizardmen and was not going to paint them, so got a good trade for another bulk. Needed some repairs and a few extra bits to finish them out. Rebased the Kroxigors and Skinks. This week I picked up the remaining Lizardmen from a friend who was going to do them and switched to Dark Elves. Was a great price.

Needed to finish some assembly and I would have magnetized the Steg to switch it around a little, but will get another anyway, so no big deal it was already built (considering the price).

There is a unit in the Lizardman army book with the yellow heads, that I based them on. The Skinks will be similar, with a few enhancements and lighter back scales.

7. Cipactli of Tlanextl
    Skink

Got lucky that they were available in the trade. The next batch will likely be the newer models, unless I can find more of these old guys!

8. Cipactli of Tlanextl
    Skink

The Kroxigors are not yet done. This is nearing completion, but I should have said they were a work in progress. I want to do another level of highlighting on the back scales.

And the bases will be completed after that. They are getting the marsh look, complete with "realistic water" treatment.

Will post again when they are done...

9. Cipactli of Tlanextl
    Skink

I do want more Temple guard. I expect will expand it to 30-ish in time, especially once I finally get my Slaan.

The scheme on these Krox (and the unit of skink spearmen) was inspired by a unit in the Lizarman army book.

Each unit will be similar but slightly different. I like the turquoise look, so most models will have it. One block of Saurus will have red, the other will be blue. Skirmish skinks will be primarily green with teal back scales. My Cold One riders will have green back scales to match their mounts, but the cold ones themselves will be multi-colored greens.

Big dinos will be more unique colors.

10. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I'll be looking forward to that. Happy painting! :)

11. Cipactli of Tlanextl
    Skink

Skink Standard Bearer and Musician

Took a moment this week to build a skink standard bearer and musician for my cohort.

skink_cmd.JPG

12. Cipactli of Tlanextl
    Skink

Took some time away from painting to build some gaming tables. Not just any gaming tables, but these are two 4x6' tables that combine to make a large 6x8' gaming space. We built one of these monsters on Saturday and another combo set on Monday.

table1.JPG
    table2.JPG

Going to texture the tables and paint them so that one has a space look (black with white speckles for stars). The other pair will be painted blue for ship games. Over these will go flocked gaming mats, which can be changed out for different colors, or foam terrain inserts. Lots of flexibility here....

13. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Your Kroxigors are very good. You should put them in the Itza Gallery of Fine Arts for sure.